How many of you are considering a tri-pod to shoot off of for hunting?

D6781B9C-F109-49C5-A83E-0BAC53DB8C4D.jpeg

5C32B425-0676-4E19-83E4-CAB52B43960E.jpeg

My 6.5-284
140 AB's at 2784 fps.
Shoots great at distance too; 575 yards
B29EB602-7BFB-46C5-8B40-B7391E556597.jpeg

Nice rigs, death grip would work well with them! Only draw back about it is length when collapsed, little over two feet, less that five pounds. Will traverse and pan in any direction. I really like it. And you can shoot prone with it.

I've been shooting off a tripod for about 12 years now. I've shot several animals with that configuration and can comfortably hit vitals out to 500.

I run a reaper grip head and Slik tripod. The whole set up is heavy but it's definitely a sable platform. It will hold my Barrett MRAD 338 no problem. I can weight the tripod when I get home if you'd like that info.

Ive used both claw/death grip types and arca. Arca if far better IMO, faster, less weight, solid. I've shot off of RRS tripod with anvle head and 800yds is no problem standing or sitting. They are solid as it gets. Just too big and spendy for my kind of hunting. Arca system would work great for your pistols. Balance point could be an issue but don't think it would with a good set up.

I picked up a tripod this year after using one during my bison hunt in January, the guide had a bog pod and I ended up missing out on a shot because I could not get it adjusted before the opportunity passed.

As a result I now own a RRS Ascend 14, I bought the integrated one used and picked up the Anvil-30 head and a platform column. It's now one lever to switch between the two columns so if I'm only glassing I use the integrated head but if the rifle is getting mounted I use the Anvil. The integrated one is nice for glass and can be used with a light rifle in a pinch but the Anvil is significantly better at supporting a rifle.

Ernie, this is the tripod I have. I have not yet used this really. I will say I have had two breakages just using it around the house to hold my XP's while I've done something minor to the gun.

Big replaced a broken clamp and then sent me a whole new unit second time.

Hopefully this one will hold up.

I've yet to shoot off of it.
Take your new and sell it off. That's what I had to do with mine due to breaking all the time. I wish I would have read reviews on it earlier.

Ernie, this is the tripod I have. I have not yet used this really. I will say I have had two breakages just using it around the house to hold my XP's while I've done something minor to the gun.

Big replaced a broken clamp and then sent me a whole new unit second time.

Hopefully this one will hold up.

I've yet to shoot off of it.
Sorry if I missed it but is this the aluminum or carbon fiber you have?

Howdy, I got a Death Grip ( Carbon fiber) a few years ago and use it alot. Midway had them on sale, 200.00. I've never had any trouble with it. I like mine. I put a sling on mine, fastened with tywraps and electrical tape. Like anything new to your routine it takes getting use to it. I would go for walks in my woods with it and my 22 rifle and practice shooting. When hunting season started I was ready. GET YOU ONE you will like it. 👍🎅 Merry Christmas

Howdy, I got a Death Grip ( Carbon fiber) a few years ago and use it alot. Midway had them on sale, 200.00. I've never had any trouble with it. I like mine. I put a sling on mine, fastened with tywraps and electrical tape. Like anything new to your routine it takes getting use to it. I would go for walks in my woods with it and my 22 rifle and practice shooting. When hunting season started I was ready. GET YOU ONE you will like it. 👍🎅 Merry Christmas
Thank you!
Merry Christmas to all!
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Recent Posts