How many of you are using 30-378 or 338 Lapua Mag?

Hey thanks Sideshow. What I did with this gun is I bought it used at cableas. The stock didnt have a mark on it. the gune seem well kept. This gun is actually a 1997 model. I paid $1,300 for it. The next week I sent it to Chistensenarm. And Had the a new barrel barrel, teflon,coated action, brake, accurized the action,new trigger. I have about 1,600 in extras done for a total of 2,900.00. If I had went with a new carbon one custom with the action having to be upgraded to the weatherby. I would have paid almost 5,000.. The only diffrence would have been their stock and accuracy garuntee of 1/2inh at 100yrds. So I rolled the dice and save a good chunk on $$ I put towards an awesome scope and the gun still shoots 1/2 inch groups, The rifle like you see it with the scope the bullets on the stock, slinged is about 12lbs by my bathroom scale..lol I should get a digital one. I belived the gun was 7.5 without the scope thats about 1-2lbs lighter than factory.

Now having said all that. i just bought a carbon fiber finish x bolt in 300wsm that is one heack of a round. Light gun and cheap to shoot.. lightbulb

Hi

Dirtboy..

What does that lovely 30/378 of yours weigh. It's the next step for us in Carbon wrap barrel technology. Save a few pounds lugging these rifles in the high country..

Currently having a 30 inch Lawton Sendero barrel fitted to an Edge build but that looks like exactly what I need. That Accumark upgrade build is really tempting now!

I just wish we had gunsmiths that had some Weatherby experience but I suppose not much work required to true the action?
How does she shoot and any issues with the barrel so far ? Yep I know you dont blast away with these rifles..
It looks lovely! I suppose you have to like Weatherbies to understand.

Last edited:
@ 542 The gun has a 26'' shilen barrel. The brakes are titanuim. Buy them putting a wrapped bull barrel on it. I did not wiegh the gun when it was factory. Going by the book the gun weighs about 9.5lbs. When I got it back I weighed it buy my bathroom scale ,not that thats real professional,but its what I have. I just weighed it to double check. I was wrong about the weight it my other post because I was guessing what it was from the last time I weighed it. The gun with the scope that is 32oz by the book,the shell carrier on the side with 2 accubonds 180gr, with the sling and picatinyrail and rings like you see. If my scale is right (I zerod the scale to make sure) wieghing it sevaral diffrent times. the gun is comming in at UNDER 10lbs looks like 9. The barrel is everthing they said it would be and do. I put it to you this way when I fired the gun with factory barrel 3-4 shot and you can cook on it. Not some you want to leave your finger on. Now 3-4 shot when they sent me a carbon wrapped barrel back and it barley feels warm. The carbon dissipates heat 10 time faster than steel barrel and is 5 time stronger. The brake is removeable with a threaded cap you can shoot. I spoke with a couple gun dealers that didnt sell these gun and they told me I would have all this muzzle jump and stuff, but so far not that I have a lot of rounds threw it. There is no muzzle jump the gun recoils like a 20 guage with low brass. Being I didnt spend 5gs on there carbon custom for the garutee When I got my upgraded rifle back I shot factory 180Bt at 100 and was getting 1/2'' and less still after 5 shots. The worst groups I got was 3/4'' with accubonds, but that was after fireing 6 shots of the BT and by no means am I one of these long range realoading experts all my ammo was factory. The action for weatherby you can put timnet trigger on and they told me you can lapp the luggs and square the bolt face. I had the whole action teflon coated. I think personally If you found a good factory used rifle and wanted to save money on thier custom guns its really a cheaper way to go . I have about 2,900 in my gun and it shoots 1/2 or less with factory ammo just like any 4,5,6thousand doallor gun does 1/2'' is a 1/2''. Oh and the barrel carbon wrapped is suposed to last 20% longer. Hope I didnt burn your eyes out to much.gun)lightbulb

Myrifle30-378005.jpg

Myrifle30-378006.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.