How many of you enter shooting competitions?

At Salmon River Solutions, as I have started shooting in some competitions, I have started designing and offering some competition orientated parts. Currently we have come out with some Ti bolt knobs, and fore end weights.

We have focused on lightweight hunting products but are happy to be branching out into more shooting applications.

How many of the members here actively shoot in competitions?

I currently shoot in and sponsor a local NRL 22LR league, and am shooting in my first NRL Hunter 22LR match the end of this month. Next year I will shoot in a few normal NRL Hunter matches.

Ken
I shoot PRS locally every weekend in the Northern Colorado southern Wyoming area called Wyco PRL.

I see a few kids shooting PRS and they are awesome. They average high scores and are super quick shooting positions on a variety of stations. I love seeing kids compete.

Training Day in TX

Screenshot_20220513-010013_Gallery.jpg

Just within the last year been getting into both PRS style centerfire and Rimfire matches. Of all the different pursuits I have this may be my favorite. Collectively as a whole the competition shooting community has by far been the most accepting and helpful group of all. Everyone is friendly and helps everyone else for the most part. You can certainly tell when guys don't like each other yet they pretty much always still help each other. Been to 6 total matches is all and have seen triggers, optics, and bolts fail it's amazing how many spares come out of gear bags and get offered to whoever had the issues no questions asked. "Oh your rifle went down, here's my 10k backup rig, use it the rest of the day" .

As far as specialtie items need in the competitive world. I see a void for items that could be fitted to a wide range of stocks and chassis. Sure there's tons of mlok stuff out there but it seems like more of the stuff could be engineered so as to find a way to mount it to any kind of stock.

I compete, every time I press the trigger... against my previous performances.

I no longer have any interest at all in beating anyone else. I'd rather teach them how to beat me and everyone else they encounter.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I might give you a run for your money but I may be proven wrong and that's what makes it fun for me and some of my friends