Heavier bullets for smaller callibers

Let me completely honest with you for a minute. I don't give you much clout because you're so conceited and you always open your post with the orkan has entered the chat so all must worship his gospel arrogance that's been proven wrong on various other forums over and over. You're not the Lord so no capital letter is needed. You don't have a open mind to the fact other methods work too. I honestly don't ever read or watch your videos for that very fact. I true velocity 800 yards and in, and true bc 800 and out. You don't have to like it, but don't expect me to bow to your gospel just because you've spoken. And I absolutely do not see the heavy's with more impacts on unknown distances at 800 and in. Not at all, but hey what do I know, apparently you are the only one shooting matches. You need to lighten up with the ego dude.
The here vs hear swipe is just petty and reflective of your ego.
WARNING:

I feel you are totally out of line in your discussion attitude with orkan.

Please put orkan on ignore and stay out of it.

Physics is not open to opinion. The reality of this topic is readily available to anyone with a ballistic calculator and the tiniest bit of experience.

one huge term I haven't heard tossed out yet, been danced around, but not said…… sectional density. Getting back to the OP's question, heavy for caliber bullets definitely TEND to have a higher BC, but will almost always have a higher sectional density. After all, this is a hunting forum right? just Because a bullet has a high BC doesn't mean it's gonna kill better/faster. But a bullet with a high sectional density will most definitely penetrate deeper, potentially killing better/faster. To me, this is a huge factor in why heavy for caliber is often better.

Perfect timing....Bryan Litz just posted this on FB.....quoted...

"A heavier, higher BC bullet will have a lower MV than a lighter one (same gun/cartridge/pressure) and usually a longer time of flight. But it's deflected less by the wind because it has less lag time.
Lag time is defined as the difference between the actual time of flight and the vacuum time of flight. Actual time of flight you get from a ballistics program, vacuum time of flight would be the time of flight if the bullet didn't lose any speed.
For example, a bullet with a muzzle velocity of 3,000 ft per second that travels a thousand yards would have a vacuum time of flight of 1 second (3000 feet at 3000 feet per second). If that bullet had an actual time of flight of 1.528 seconds, the lag time is 0.528 seconds.
Once you have lag time, you can calculate wind deflection. In a 10 mph (14.7 fps) crosswind, the deflection is: 14.7 ft/s times 0.528 s = 7.74 ft = 93 inches.
As you go to heavier bullets with lower muzzle velocity, the total time of flight grows but the lag time compresses. Therefore, less wind deflection.
Caveat; this assumes the light & heavy bullets are similar shape (form factor)."

1649769808285.png

⚡
⚡
⚡

Just FYI, I was squadded with Bryan at last year's Nightforce ELR that he won. He was shooting a 245 grain Berger in a 300 Norma. I don't know if that's considered heavy for caliber or not.

Just FYI, I was squadded with Bryan at last year's Nightforce ELR that he won. He was shooting a 245 grain Berger in a 300 Norma. I don't know if that's considered heavy for caliber or not.
Sure is. ;)

Did you say 245 Bergers in a 300 Norma?! I have a 300 Norma Improved build underway for use with the 245 grain EOL's… but can't find any. If anyone has a box lying around they don't need…