Heading to Seattle, coming back with a Chrono

angus-5024

I'm going south later this month/early next month on a mini vacation with my wife. We are going to Seattle for a couple nights and I figured that I oughta grab a Chrony while I'm down there (Im from B.C, the land of exspensive everything hunting). I just thought I'd see what a good middle of the road chronograph is and what they sell for. Im hoping to spend under $200.
thanks

JM

There are a few that work OK. I think the most popular ones available today are the shooting chrony and the CED M2. The CED M2 seems to be a little more popular but you should be able to find one for just under $200. The Shooting Chrony's are a good bit less. I have one of each and they both seem to work just fine.

The Shooter's Chrony's have a few in there line up. Is it worth it to get a Beta or Alpha, or can I get by with the F-1? I dont think I need all the functions and stuff, but will I want them a little down the road?

I can't remember which one I have but it's the one w/ the remote display that only gives the speed. As far as the functions go you can use excell to calculate ES/SD and such if your trying to save a couple bucks. Just write down your velocities and when you get home plug them in.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.