Is Retumbo ever coming back?

Justin Todd

Ok so I emailed hodgdon back around the 1st of the year and they said Retumbo was not discontinued and would be back on dealer shelves around Feb to March but here we are in June and still no Retumbo. I have bought some reloder 33 after being disappointed with 8133 but still wanted to try some Retumbo after hearing it's the best in 300 RUM. Anybody else hear anything?

If you can find it and you use it, buy it. Two months ago Bruno's told me the they were told the commercial supply would be not be refreshed until early 2020 and the manufacturer was pushing 8133.

If you can find it and you use it, buy it. Two months ago Bruno's told me the they were told the commercial supply would be not be refreshed until early 2020 and the manufacturer was pushing 8133.

I picked up a lb of 8133 just to play with since I couldn't get Retumbo. I can't get enough into my 7RM cases to make it worth switching over. Gonna try it in the 300 Wby and see what happens, but because it's so bulky, I can't quite think of a cartridge it would be better in maybe just something more overbore like a 30-378???

I picked up a lb of 8133 just to play with since I couldn't get Retumbo. I can't get enough into my 7RM cases to make it worth switching over. Gonna try it in the 300 Wby and see what happens, but because it's so bulky, I can't quite think of a cartridge it would be better in maybe just something more overbore like a 30-378???

Good luck!
I've had nothing but garbage from it!

Only load I got that shoots decent with the 8133 out of my 300 RUM is 88.5 gr loaded with a 212 gr eld match shoots fairly consistent but only running about 2850 fps. I bought some reloder 33 to try hear other people have had good results with it.
Thanks for the link I will have to buy a lb just to try the retumbo to see if it's as good as everyone says.

What manufacturer would that be?
ADI/Thales manufactures RETUMBO.
Hodgdon are only the distributor of powder, they don't and never have manufactured ANY powder.

You guys were also told by Hodgdon that H50BMG was discontinued. Nope, never happened, it is marketed here in Australia as AR2218, very plentiful supply since Hodgdon stopped buying it by the train wagon.

Cheers.

Found 2 lbs today that I grabbed for my 300 rum. Going to have to slow down shooting that thing but it loves 181 grain hammers going 3380fps on top of Retumbo

Recent Posts