Is Retumbo ever coming back?

milo-2, You're a better man than me. My paranoia "will not" let me get rid of something I may need in the future. While, I may not be using a particular powder right now....if it will burn, it will send a bullet down the barrel! Call me a hoarder if you like, I prefer to think of myself as "prepared"!

I just reorganized my reloading room, potentially labeled as a disaster area, and discovered 24 pounds of powder that I'd forgotten about! Senility is awesome.....Christmas may come during any season! ;) memtb
What you are doing makes sense, I just follow my past trends, any time I try to veer from them, road blocks.
Lol, fire departments are always on my mind, "milo, you had 3 impressive hotspots, but the one was off the charts, what was it"? Me; "that was my rainy day stash in case I returned to it pile, probably 80lbs up in smoke in 2 seconds"

What you are doing makes sense, I just follow my past trends, any time I try to veer from them, road blocks.
Lol, fire departments are always on my mind, "milo, you had 3 impressive hotspots, but the one was off the charts, what was it"? Me; "that was my rainy day stash in case I returned to it pile, probably 80lbs up in smoke in 2 seconds"

I hope that I don't follow your lead....my stuff is in the basement! :eek: memtb

I hope that I don't follow your lead....my stuff is in the basement! :eek: memtb
mine too, lol
You reload long enough, you have components on hand. I shouldn't say this, but election night in 16, I had 75K Federal 210 & 205 M primers. It looked like a pallet of goodness, and I wanted to sleep on it just for one night.

Folks, I called Hodgdon today (22Aug22), and was told Retumbo will be available in Sep 22. no details on where it will be available. Does anyone know what business would get powder first - maybe the largest Hodgdon dealer???

I have used Retumbo almost exclusively in my go-to rifles for the last +dozen years. I have managed to keep a sufficient supply on-hand over this period, but I have modified my shooting habits. Retumbo(amongst other powders) is still being shipped to gun shops/dealers, but it appears in 10/1 pound cases on a random basis. It's out there, but you have to hunt hard all the time, and, have a bit of luck catching a supply.

I don't have much use for Retumbo myself... The 7rum barrel I was using it in is shot out and lying under my cleaning bench. I use either rl25 or rl33 in my 300rums and they haven't seen much use lately. I've been shooting the 338win with mil-surp powder and some of the smaller rifles like my 30-06 that I can garbage can with. I shoot the oddball stuff right off the shelf this way and save the more useful stuff for when I actually need it. I actually shot a box and a half through my 300win tonight. First time in a while that rifle has seen the light of day.

I don't have much use for Retumbo myself... The 7rum barrel I was using it in is shot out and lying under my cleaning bench. I use either rl25 or rl33 in my 300rums and they haven't seen much use lately. I've been shooting the 338win with mil-surp powder and some of the smaller rifles like my 30-06 that I can garbage can with. I shoot the oddball stuff right off the shelf this way and save the more useful stuff for when I actually need it. I actually shot a box and a half through my 300win tonight. First time in a while that rifle has seen the light of day.
Which surplus powder and how much do you use?