Is Retumbo ever coming back?

$600 for 8lbs of Retumbo? That's crazy. If I could get that price and ship, I'd dump all of mine and use something else...

If some of you fellas were to my neighborhood....I'd sell you a pound (unopened) at a good price! I was gonna use it in my 6.5-284....but, went another direction! memtb

Last spring from what I understand is australia changed how they can ship powder. So all the powder coming from australia got hung up. I do not know if that is still the case or not.
The insurance approach for international transport of explosives have changed, impacting how 1.3 explosives are packaged, and how much can be packaged.

Not so much an Australia thing, more a global shipping thing.

I've got a little Retumbo left, don't know if I'll ever use it though.

Last edited:
I have 16 pounds of the stuff and never have found a rifle to like it. I'll give it a shot in the new edge barrel

My last edge barrel shot H1000 very well. Just keep trying it in stuff and no luck. 338 NMI with 260 HH is my last shot. What are you using it in?

After 2 yrs of absentia, and claims of the powder being claimed for military contracts, no clue if true, when does a guy move on?
I have 2 lbs of retumbo I will Give to anybody close, I don't use it, and most likely will not. I also have around 10lbs of Norma 217 that may go in a fire pit for excitement, I just don't shoot big cases.

milo-2, You're a better man than me. My paranoia "will not" let me get rid of something I may need in the future. While, I may not be using a particular powder right now....if it will burn, it will send a bullet down the barrel! Call me a hoarder if you like, I prefer to think of myself as "prepared"!

I just reorganized my reloading room, potentially labeled as a disaster area, and discovered 24 pounds of powder that I'd forgotten about! Senility is awesome.....Christmas may come during any season! ;) memtb