Is Retumbo ever coming back?

Good luck!
I've had nothing but garbage from it!

I think accuracy will be ok with it, but with the 180 ELD M in my 7RM and same seating depth with the 8133 as Retumbo, my charge was fully compressed and 75 fps slower than Retumbo. I just ran a ladder to get an idea on pressure and velocity with 8133, so can't really speak to accuracy, but velocity was definitely slower.

What manufacturer would that be?
ADI/Thales manufactures RETUMBO.
Hodgdon are only the distributor of powder, they don't and never have manufactured ANY powder.

You guys were also told by Hodgdon that H50BMG was discontinued. Nope, never happened, it is marketed here in Australia as AR2218, very plentiful supply since Hodgdon stopped buying it by the train wagon.

Cheers.
I don't know what manufacturer that person at Bruno's meant. I'm just passing on what someone at a high volume retail outlet told me. Maybe the person meant the distributor told them it was not going to be available.

Darn. I went to the link someone posted earlier in this thread but Retumbo appears to be sold out there as well. I was also trying 8133 for my 28N. I am having trouble to get a consistent accurate load better than 1". ES has been high. Got a good load worked up with Retumbo but it seems impossible to find right now. N570 seems to work for some but can't find it either.

Ok so I emailed hodgdon back around the 1st of the year and they said Retumbo was not discontinued and would be back on dealer shelves around Feb to March but here we are in June and still no Retumbo. I have bought some reloder 33 after being disappointed with 8133 but still wanted to try some Retumbo after hearing it's the best in 300 RUM. Anybody else hear anything?

If it doesn't become available....I have 1 pound of "unopened" Retumbo that will go up for auction! :D memtb

I can get retumbo locally. I don't shoot it but may be a good investment? Hahaha

Joe S

I can get retumbo locally. I don't shoot it but may be a good investment? Hahaha

I found some at a couple gun shops in Texas but I'm in NC and the one shop won't ship and the other only has 1 LB. So would be a really expensive one Lb considering the hazmat and shipping added on. If it were a 8 lb can I wouldn't even think twice about purchasing it.

Did manage to get some from third generation supply before they ran out. Got a notification on Friday that midsouth had 8# cans logged in and ordered as soon as I got the email. Called this am just to make sure it wasn't a dream. They said I got the 2nd to last can. Still not sure what's up with hodgdon and why it's so sparse you would think such a popular powder they would be hopping to get it on the market and make money.

Did manage to get some from third generation supply before they ran out. Got a notification on Friday that midsouth had 8# cans logged in and ordered as soon as I got the email. Called this am just to make sure it wasn't a dream. They said I got the 2nd to last can. Still not sure what's up with hodgdon and why it's so sparse you would think such a popular powder they would be hopping to get it on the market and make money.
Some people have theorized that the military is buying it. That was a rumor I heard about 6 months ago.

Not sure myself. Hasn't H1000 become hard to find as well? I'm lucky in that I have an 8 pounder that's about to get opened as soon as my last 1 pounder is gone.

Not sure myself. Hasn't H1000 become hard to find as well? I'm lucky in that I have an 8 pounder that's about to get opened as soon as my last 1 pounder is gone.
I've noticed a shortage of a lot of different powders in the last couple years as well but it would make sense if the military has adopted the 300 win mag as their main sniper rifle that they would want the retumbo to load the rounds. But also think they would just buy the rounds from a big manufacturer like federal and figured they would make their own powder.

There is some on Gunbroker

Ok so I emailed hodgdon back around the 1st of the year and they said Retumbo was not discontinued and would be back on dealer shelves around Feb to March but here we are in June and still no Retumbo. I have bought some reloder 33 after being disappointed with 8133 but still wanted to try some Retumbo after hearing it's the best in 300 RUM. Anybody else hear anything?