Are the prices ever coming down on components?!

Brandon got more votes than Obama.....or so it be told 🤣🤣

Prices might come down 10% after November depending on if the anti-americans vote the same way they did 2 years ago.

I think powders new normal price will be $40 a pound and primers will be $80 a brick.

Everyone who says "stop hoarding" are comical. As if people "like myself" buying at most a brick primers a year and maybe #10 of powders "pre plandemic" is the reason for the shortages. I'm buying even less now because there isn't anything to buy. There is nothing to hoarde. Anyone live near a copper mine? Anyone live near a lead smelter? How about a powder mill? How about a steel mill? Large machining shop? Wood mill? Family owned chicken farm? Family owned Dairy farm?

All of our **** has been outsourced folks! Or it's owned by huge conglomerates who will never feel the sting of paying taxes. Hard to control a supply chain that starts in a country we don't live in!!! "Wake up America" should be the next presidential campaign slogan for the non Chinese owned political party.
I can see a copper mine from my house. They blast everyday at 1:00- shakes my house a little.

Brandon got more votes than Obama.....or so it be told 🤣🤣

Prices might come down 10% after November depending on if the anti-americans vote the same way they did 2 years ago.

I think powders new normal price will be $40 a pound and primers will be $80 a brick.

Everyone who says "stop hoarding" are comical. As if people "like myself" buying at most a brick primers a year and maybe #10 of powders "pre plandemic" is the reason for the shortages. I'm buying even less now because there isn't anything to buy. There is nothing to hoarde. Anyone live near a copper mine? Anyone live near a lead smelter? How about a powder mill? How about a steel mill? Large machining shop? Wood mill? Family owned chicken farm? Family owned Dairy farm?

All of our **** has been outsourced folks! Or it's owned by huge conglomerates who will never feel the sting of paying taxes. Hard to control a supply chain that starts in a country we don't live in!!! "Wake up America" should be the next presidential campaign slogan for the non Chinese owned political party.

I work at a copper (Cu) mine. I hear ya though, definitely those plants/mines getting scarce, especially the smelters.

Why have them here with EPA regulations and minimise environmental effects when we can send it over to China 🤔?

Last edited:
The Biden administration closed down a copper mine in AZ that cuold have supplied 25% of the copper used in the US. We don't mine rare metals in the US anymore. China does. I ordered some Hawk bullets back in November, and he asked if I was in a hurry. He said he couldn't get any lead. The charge on my card came through yesterday. There is something that could be worse than inflation. It is deflation. Hoarding may end when folks that can afford to buy at inflated prices run out of storage space. Vote.

This was clearly the wrong time to try and teach myself how to handload. But I am happy I picked up a healthy habit of treating components like they're (literally) scarce and making the most out of load development and practice.

When democrats are in office guns and ammo are always going to be high demand, because of threat of gun control. Rather can accomplish it or not,That is one of there big selling points and in turn sends pro gun folks into semi panic. Biggest stock thing I missed and predicted. When osama been lying won first election. I told folks buy SWHC and RGR. S&W and Ruger. Both quadrupled in less than 2 years.

Panicademic started it this time and democrat idiot appointed made it grow. Afraid manufacture see we will pay the price so why lower it.

Yes, things, especially finished ammo are much much better than 2020 when the shelves were bare, completely bare.

Late Feb, March, and April have also been better than the November thru January timeframe for components.
Some boats finally got offloaded.

I still have not seen much Alliant, a trickle here and there, and NO Endurons whatsoever. N565 and N570 are also notably AWOL too.
I have seen a miniscule amount of N565, but really not much other than N568.

Large Rifle and Large Rifle Mag primers are also pretty much awol
unless you want to pay out the wazoo.

One step forward, two steps back.....fits and starts....

No. We have caved and shown our tolerance limit. Especially on Evil, shooting and hunting products. 9mm ammo is costing me .20 per round to reload. I used to pay .17 for loaded ammo from walmart. I am grateful I don't have to pay .40 per round.

We vote for people who are supposed to represent us citizens. Unfortunately, they don't. They only represent their own ideals or align with political party lines. The last two years pretty much destroyed our economy and what industry we had left (try to find American made products). During the Obama administration, the last lead mine and smelter had to shut down because they could not economically abide with EPA regulations. Well, guess what guys, lead is a major part of the shooting industry. All lead now has to be imported, as well as a lot of our powders. So now we have manufacturing, transportation, storage, and added tariffs and taxes. And now the powers to be have limited our access to fuel which raised the price to (us) consumers. So lead which is used to make primers and bullets cost more manufacture plus fuel prices increased 30%. Costs are passed on the consumer. Couple that with the law of supply and demand. Demand has outpaced supply. So no one has to put supplies on sale. Hoarding only increases inflation. Stocking up should have been done when prices were low. Larry Potterfield sure cost me a lot of money back in the 80's and 90's. They sold a lot in "bulk". I was able to amass probably life time supplies of bullets and brass. Granted they aren't state of the art now, today, but they still work. I wasn't hoarding, I was stocking up. I don't think that prices will ever return to what they were even ten years ago. I only wish that I had stocked up on large pistol primers. My 9mm's and 40 S&W's definitely get more use than my 10mm and .45ACP and i've cut back on them to conserve my stocks. So don't over buy. Only purchase what you need. Don't hoard. Let supply catch up with demand. Then maybe prices will come down (some).
Good luck!
One man's hoarding is another man's stocking up, often the twain are the same.