Hammer bullet concern

what ?? that was a question to you , do you korhil78 think that our whole reloading group needs to be updated every time someone tries new primer with and absolute , hammer , jacks , shocks , or claw

i get the scroll and read what you want , ive been doing it for years ... just like all of you have .

in not reaching, as much as all the hammer guys are out numbering my opinion in our forum

So then what exactly is your opinion that we are out numbering?

As I understand it you want the hammer reloading threads to be moved to a different section because you are tired of seeing threads about Hammer Bullets at the top of the list in the reloading section since people frequently update them with additional load data and you see that as excessive promotion. Is that correct?

The whole purpose of the 2 data spreadsheets and threads is to share load data for loads developed by various members. There is no published data to follow when loading Hunters or Absolutes. Both of these bullets (and especially the Absolutes) are radically different from traditional cup and core as well as other monolythic bullets.

In the interests of safety and conserving efforts and components, data is posted for each bullet wt., cal, powder and rifle. Most seem quite appreciative of the shared efforts 🤔

If not interested, simply go elsewhere?

So then what exactly is your opinion that we are out numbering?

As I understand it you want the hammer reloading threads to be moved to a different section because you are tired of seeing threads about Hammer Bullets at the top of the list in the reloading section since people frequently update them with additional load data and you see that as excessive promotion. Is that correct?

and are you asking this to help out reloading forum at LRH or to uphold the hammer image ???

yes , i do a think a specific bullet topic , should in the bullet section

yes , i do believe that the hammer following crowd has flooded this forum to an excess, if you dont wanna call it promotion ,,, whatever ,, it is what is

yes , there is irony in me discussing hammers for 3 days when i came here to talk about reloading and not hammers , but the top of the list that im supposed to just scroll past was about , you guessed it, hammers ... so i talked about my opinion with hammers ...

lets hear your gotcha

G I was thinking more along they could look at data for comparison to their projections not include it. Wrote faster than thought. More a curiosity thought.

and are you asking this to help out reloading forum at LRH or to uphold the hammer image ???

yes , i do a think a specific bullet topic , should in the bullet section

yes , i do believe that the hammer following crowd has flooded this forum to an excess, if you dont wanna call it promotion ,,, whatever ,, it is what is

yes , there is irony in me discussing hammers for 3 days when i came here to talk about reloading and not hammers , but the top of the list that im supposed to just scroll past was about , you guessed it, hammers ... so i talked about my opinion with hammers ...

lets hear your gotcha
Yep, Facebook.

I wouldnt consider myself in the Hammer crowd. I have tried two of their bullets. The 177 gr hammers and the 169 gr Hammer for my 7mm MAX. The 177 gr Hammer didnt work out for me so I went back to the 195 gr Berger. If the 169 gr Hammer doesnt work out for me, I'll just fall back on my 195 gr berger load. Im just trying something new to see how it works for me.

WIth that being said, I have no problem with people posting stuff about the Hammer bullets. If I want to read it, I read it. If I dont, I scroll on down to what I want to read.

You talk about first world problems....griping about having to scroll down far enough to get past the hammer threads is definitely it.

The solution is obvious: All you happy Hammer Bullet users need to STFU (Stop Talking Frequently and Un-lugubriously). Let the other hunters stumble around on their own and consume components and barrel life, and maybe never find them. Why insist on helping your fellow shooters by pointing out a good option which worked well for you? Especially because folks have no choice but to read each and every thread and post on the forum. And, Hammer Bullets needs to stop making so many happy customers - try making some bullets that suck, quit offering one-on-one loading advice, stop with the great customer service, the owner needs to be aloof and not talk to customers anymore, be out of stock once in a while. Why is this not obvious?

(Sorry, couldn't help but have a little fun with this)

Last edited:
G I was thinking more along they could look at data for comparison to their projections not include it. Wrote faster than thought. More a curiosity thought.
They certainly can if they want to. I don't have Quick Load and have never used it.
All our data is now out there on the public domain. Might be interesting to see pressure numbers on member data. Nobody I know has the ability to measure pressure accurately on loads being developed.

I like the 6.5 Creedmoor, Hammer bullets, and light beer.

Burning Set On Fire GIF by US National Archives

Kidding about the light beer, I wouldn't sink that low.