Hammer Bullet

That's scootin'!! I don't have any H335 on hand, but have Benchmark and 8208XBR. Did you get best results with H335? Have you tried the powders I have? Just curious

Thanks for the info
that is all I have tried with the Hammer. H335 has always been good in my Grendels ( I also use 8208 and CFE223) This Faxon barrel is fast with everything it runs about 20-40 fps under a 24" Bear reek I have

My 124's are here, 117's should be here today for my Creedmoor

When you guys state what powders you are having good luck with PLEASE list your starting charge weight and your Final charge weight.

I will finish hunting season and lead core bullet testing (new rifle) haven't had time to test just threw a load together for deer season.

When I'm done with lead core, I will clean to metal and start over with the HAMMER'S. Just need load data, bullets are too expensive to shoot 100 round ladder tests (which are BS anyway).

I have Varget data. May be all I need;)

My 124's are here, 117's should be here today for my Creedmoor

When you guys state what powders you are having good luck with PLEASE list your starting charge weight and your Final charge weight.

I will finish hunting season and lead core bullet testing (new rifle) haven't had time to test just threw a load together for deer season.

When I'm done with lead core, I will clean to metal and start over with the HAMMER'S. Just need load data, bullets are too expensive to shoot 100 round ladder tests (which are BS anyway).

I have Varget data. May be all I need;)
Feel free to call. 406-261-0010

Give it a go. I'm pretty sure it will be too slow and you will run out of car capacity before you find any pressure. I think it works well with the bullets that are closer to 150g. The lesser weight and lower pressure of the 124g Hammer Hunter I think will need faster powder. If your barrel is long enough you may get it to work well. We have run rl16 with good results. Seems like the powders that are in the 4350 burn range ate all pretty good.

If you try the rl26 let us know how it goes.

Steve
I loaded RL 26 in my Grandsons 22" Ruger American with the 143 ELDX. Shot just over 1/2 moa @ 600yds going about 2750. Don't overlook RL 16 either!

Give it a go. I'm pretty sure it will be too slow and you will run out of car capacity before you find any pressure. I think it works well with the bullets that are closer to 150g. The lesser weight and lower pressure of the 124g Hammer Hunter I think will need faster powder. If your barrel is long enough you may get it to work well. We have run rl16 with good results. Seems like the powders that are in the 4350 burn range ate all pretty good.

If you try the rl26 let us know how it goes.

Steve
Im having real good luck in my 22 creed with rl26! it might work in 6.5 also! my buddy is running 45.5 rl 17 with 124s at 3000fps in his creed!

Im having real good luck in my 22 creed with rl26! it might work in 6.5 also! my buddy is running 45.5 rl 17 with 124s at 3000fps in his creed!
RL16 is great in the 6.5 Creedmoor with the 124 Hunters. See the attached photo 28658AA8-D880-4199-9FBB-24D73ADA852D.jpeg

Yes. The new rl powders have become the top of the list for us when starting a new load.
Just FYI, I've got the 143 gr ELDX running at 2950 fps with RL26 in my 6.5 Creedmoor. I got it up over 3000 fps but it's accuracy node is at 2950 fps. Couldn't believe I got these kinds of speeds in my Creed because that's what I get with my 6.5-284 Norma but I'm using Retumbo. Never hit pressure either.

Just FYI, I've got the 143 gr ELDX running at 2950 fps with RL26 in my 6.5 Creedmoor. I got it up over 3000 fps but it's accuracy node is at 2950 fps. Couldn't believe I got these kinds of speeds in my Creed because that's what I get with my 6.5-284 Norma but I'm using Retumbo. Never hit pressure either.

what length barrel?

I want to try the 131 or 137 gr hammers with RL26, I think stablity will be fine for my altitude. It would be cool to see 2850 out of either of them.

Really happy with the 124's though.

Il have what chronograph ur having! Lol

what length barrel?

I want to try the 131 or 137 gr hammers with RL26, I think stablity will be fine for my altitude. It would be cool to see 2850 out of either of them.

Really happy with the 124's though.
I've got a 24" Proof with 1:8 twist.
I would think you'd get over 2900 fps with RL16 and the 131. I'd run RL26 with the 137 and don't doubt you could get around 3000 fps. Remmy700 is the one who told me to use RL26 with the 140 gr bullets in the Creed. I think he got 3042 fps in a couple of his Creeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.