Which hammer bullet

I haven't ran hammers in any of my 300 win mags but if I do I'm trying 162's. The 181's in my 300 RUM with H1000 are awesome. Same with 121-124 in 6.5 PRC and RL23. I used that load last Sept. near Bridgeport, Ca. I'm the Sierra's to polax a nice 5x5 buck. I have shot anything yet with the 181 30 cal. yet. It's liking Berger 215's so much now.

You should be able to get the 165 accubond in the area of 3300 fps on it's own. I run 165 @ 3300 fps out of my 308NM rifle, and killed several elk with it at ranges out to about 400yds. Good damage to the animal, but didn't waste much in meat being blood shot either. I am using a 26" barrel in it. That with a Fed 210 primer, and H4350 powder. It's 70+ grains of powder. You will have to develop your own load. It's achievable, primers will be flat, but not creator. Primer pockets will last about 10 firing. I would recommend annealing your cases, and bumping the shoulder only a few thousand in reloading. I would check my brass for volume weight (preferred) or at lease weight the cases to try and group the case close to each other. If using Peterson or other brass. I don't have the info on it. This loading was done with Winchester Brass. Otherwise you will develop case stretch in 3 to 4 firing. Need to watch the primers to tell you where you, are at. Can step up at .5gr per single load until you hit the high pressure signs. If you get creators or ejector marks, you are to hot, reduce the powder load. That powder is stable in all types of weather. I hunt in -20 to 115 degree weather. Don't try it with IMR powders. I wouldn't go out and shot 5 rounds per powder load to see where you are at. Just a waste of components. Once you find the max, you'll need to work around that area for accuracies.

Recent Posts