Hammer Bullet

It's one of our most popular bullets. I would guess more go into creeds than anything else.

I would look at Varget and depending on barrel length should see about 3000 fps.

Steve

It's one of our most popular bullets. I would guess more go into creeds than anything else.

I would look at Varget and depending on barrel length should see about 3000 fps.

Steve
Hey Steve, what about R26? I've heard lots of guys using it in the creed with higher velocities than any other powder. I'm planning on running your 124's once my rifle is complete.

Hey Steve, what about R26? I've heard lots of guys using it in the creed with higher velocities than any other powder. I'm planning on running your 124's once my rifle is complete.
Give it a go. I'm pretty sure it will be too slow and you will run out of car capacity before you find any pressure. I think it works well with the bullets that are closer to 150g. The lesser weight and lower pressure of the 124g Hammer Hunter I think will need faster powder. If your barrel is long enough you may get it to work well. We have run rl16 with good results. Seems like the powders that are in the 4350 burn range ate all pretty good.

If you try the rl26 let us know how it goes.

Steve

Give it a go. I'm pretty sure it will be too slow and you will run out of car capacity before you find any pressure. I think it works well with the bullets that are closer to 150g. The lesser weight and lower pressure of the 124g Hammer Hunter I think will need faster powder. If your barrel is long enough you may get it to work well. We have run rl16 with good results. Seems like the powders that are in the 4350 burn range ate all pretty good.

If you try the rl26 let us know how it goes.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I'll let y'all know what I come up with once I get everything together.

I am shooting them with R17, they shoot great. Cant get enough r26 in my ADG cases to run R26.
I also have shot them and the 99gr in a 6.5 Grendel.

I also have tried the 143's in a 28 Nos and a 280 AI very impressed with the way they shoot within the first couple loads tried.

I am shooting them with R17, they shoot great. Cant get enough r26 in my ADG cases to run R26.
I also have shot them and the 99gr in a 6.5 Grendel.

I also have tried the 143's in a 28 Nos and a 280 AI very impressed with the way they shoot within the first couple loads tried.
What vel and barrel length are you getting with the 124g Hammer Hunter in your creed?

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts