Hammer bullet concern

Being that there is no published data anywhere for these bullets, The answer is a most definite YES
Thank you. Ive contributed to this data myself As well as reading the data of others. It IS about handloading and these bullets are a handloading only option. To satisfy the naggers, i will post my post mortum posts to the bullet forum. I just dont understand why those who are tired of seeing hammer post just cant skim past them without opening them. I suspect they saw the title and saw a possible opportunity to hate them further and checked in. My concerns have been put to rest by the men who use them, which isnwhy i came here to ask. Ive ordered some more for testing so haters be forewarned.

The whole purpose of the 2 data spreadsheets and threads is to share load data for loads developed by various members. There is no published data to follow when loading Hunters or Absolutes. Both of these bullets (and especially the Absolutes) are radically different from traditional cup and core as well as other monolythic bullets.

In the interests of safety and conserving efforts and components, data is posted for each bullet wt., cal, powder and rifle. Most seem quite appreciative of the shared efforts 🤔

If not interested, simply go elsewhere?
I think this radical difference is lost to many casual readers. For myself, I appreciate it from a safety & performance perspective as much as a convenience factor. The more awareness the better when it comes to loading these things.

Back to the concern. Just from the point of understanding, I get how it could feel and seem from a casual perspective - like guys going total nuts over Hammers. 🤓Rather, I think it's more about guys figuring something new out and learning from each other - but also realizing they represent a radical shift in performance parameters and are intent on riding the curve at the cutting edge. That's the spirit of progress. Take some risk - try something new. Learn from mistakes. Don't take yourself too serious. Don't feel threatened by progress, but be cautious. Skeptical, but not cynical. Curious, but not gullible.. Always keep an open mind to learn and for other's points of view and experiences. (that's for all of us) Taking on a victim mentality will only build a box around the "little me", and will hinder truth and destroy purpose and fulfillment. I enjoy reading Hammer stuff (when I want to), but am not a total freak about it. It's all science and fun to me. Actually running the 150 BD-2's in my 7 Allen Mag at 3,711 and having a lot of fun with that right now. 😎 Words & opinions come cheap. Experience costs something. Let's go get some.

Last edited:
Thank you. Ive contributed to this data myself As well as reading the data of others. It IS about handloading and these bullets are a handloading only option. To satisfy the naggers, i will post my post mortum posts to the bullet forum. I just dont understand why those who are tired of seeing hammer post just cant skim past them without opening them. I suspect they saw the title and saw a possible opportunity to hate them further and checked in. My concerns have been put to rest by the men who use them, which isnwhy i came here to ask. Ive ordered some more for testing so haters be forewarned.
I welcome the hate as we have concrete facts vs opinions

The whole purpose of the 2 data spreadsheets and threads is to share load data for loads developed by various members. There is no published data to follow when loading Hunters or Absolutes. Both of these bullets (and especially the Absolutes) are radically different from traditional cup and core as well as other monolythic bullets.

In the interests of safety and conserving efforts and components, data is posted for each bullet wt., cal, powder and rifle. Most seem quite appreciative of the shared efforts 🤔

If not interested, simply go elsewhere?
X-2

and are you asking this to help out reloading forum at LRH or to uphold the hammer image ???

yes , i do a think a specific bullet topic , should in the bullet section

yes , i do believe that the hammer following crowd has flooded this forum to an excess, if you dont wanna call it promotion ,,, whatever ,, it is what is

yes , there is irony in me discussing hammers for 3 days when i came here to talk about reloading and not hammers , but the top of the list that im supposed to just scroll past was about , you guessed it, hammers ... so i talked about my opinion with hammers ...
Hey brother. I'm not out to get you, but I'm afraid your hurting yourself. This thread started about Hammers. No one is against you. I think it's just that it can feel as if you're over-making a point. Don't fall into the trap that thinks that no one understands you unless they agree with you. We all got our perspectives. Personally, I'd like to give the OP'er grace for where he posted it. I've mis-posted before and had Len move it. ;) Kind of humbling, but I was still learning how the site worked and how to feel my way around on it. Anyway, it could be you're having a bad day and everything seems out of proportion. That happens to me sometimes. If that's the case, take my pat on the back and get yourself a treat you deserve and some good sleep. Sometimes that's the best thing when things feel pretty south. I care about you and all the other good people on this forum. We are brothers. Iron sharpening iron sometimes, but in the end, still brothers.

I hate to be objective here, but here is a question; would there be value in a dedicated "member load data" section?

This would be the perfect home for all kinds of load data etc and leave the more general reloading discussion where it is at?

Of course the risk is it'll potentially fragment discussion or go unused.

Thoughts?

Due to the fires everywhere in Montana and surrounding states our shooting range closed.I will get my Hammers in a couple of days and still have a sample pack with a few in it but still can't shoot a load I worked up a load due to range closing.
I hope everyone else can still shoot.
I CAN do something,a hog hunting outfitter made an announcement that everyone needs to leave their AR 15's home unless you shoot Hammer bullets and then that's ok.So I can start my load ladder test.I have cardboard I cut in strips 10 inches wide and 4 feet tall with cross targets all up the cardboard.Thats my ladder targets so I can get those ready.
I can load my test rounds,left collum ,3 to a box .5 gr more each box and on right side .2 gr more per target .It will be ready for when I can get to the range.
Anybody else hampered by the fires?

Hey brother. I'm not out to get you, but I'm afraid your hurting yourself. This thread started about Hammers. No one is against you. I think it's just that it can feel as if you're over-making a point. Don't fall into the trap that thinks that no one understands you unless they agree with you. We all got our perspectives. Personally, I'd like to give the OP'er grace for where he posted it. I've mis-posted before and had Len move it. ;) Kind of humbling, but I was still learning how the site worked and how to feel my way around on it. Anyway, it could be you're having a bad day and everything seems out of proportion. That happens to me sometimes. If that's the case, take my pat on the back and get yourself a treat you deserve and some good sleep. Sometimes that's the best thing when things feel pretty south. I care about you and all the other good people on this forum. We are brothers. Iron sharpening iron sometimes, but in the end, still brothers.
I hate to be objective here, but here is a question; would there be value in a dedicated "member load data" section?

This would be the perfect home for all kinds of load data etc and leave the more general reloading discussion where it is at?

Of course the risk is it'll potentially fragment discussion or go unused.

Thoughts?
Maybe some of the guys complaining will volunteer their time and effort too get that site going sounds interesting

I posted too soon above as I did not see helsyea post.
I would love to have a page we could all go to for load data.
I emailed Steve yesterday to ask about 223 load data on Hammer bullets.
I still have friends that refuse to go to the lowest powder amount and work up for a particular cartridge.They say it takes too long.
A dedicated page on Hammer load data would be VERY helpful.Just my opinion

I posted too soon above as I did not see helsyea post.
I would love to have a page we could all go to for load data.
I emailed Steve yesterday to ask about 223 load data on Hammer bullets.
I still have friends that refuse to go to the lowest powder amount and work up for a particular cartridge.They say it takes too long.
A dedicated page on Hammer load data would be VERY helpful.Just my opinion
Guess I'm missing the point OlRooster? Dedicated pages already exist for both Hunters and Absolutes.
You can see what someone else shot up through, pick where you want to start in your rifle, and go for it.......only exception is we don't yet have data for every single Hammer bullet or cartridge. At some point, you have to make educated guesses based upon experience. Most of this is like working with wildcat cartridges.

Due to the fires everywhere in Montana and surrounding states our shooting range closed.I will get my Hammers in a couple of days and still have a sample pack with a few in it but still can't shoot a load I worked up a load due to range closing.
I hope everyone else can still shoot.
I CAN do something,a hog hunting outfitter made an announcement that everyone needs to leave their AR 15's home unless you shoot Hammer bullets and then that's ok.So I can start my load ladder test.I have cardboard I cut in strips 10 inches wide and 4 feet tall with cross targets all up the cardboard.Thats my ladder targets so I can get those ready.
I can load my test rounds,left collum ,3 to a box .5 gr more each box and on right side .2 gr more per target .It will be ready for when I can get to the range.
Anybody else hampered by the fires?
Always during the summers in AZ. Either too hot or fire bans on shooting, etc....