Good article on why everyone either loves or hates the 6.5cr

I like to pour my spiced runm over ice because I like to drink it cold. But I suppose a real pirate would tell me I'm a Sissy unless I drink it straight out of the bottle. That's what a lot of these conversations about the creedmore are like.

What kinda rum? I prefer Ron Zacapa personally but I'll drink others if that's not available.

At the end of the day....WHO CARES about what anyone else thinks....really....for every opinion...there is as opposite option! For every Doctors diagnosis...there are three more Doctors with theirs, every lawyer..10 more...any need to go further..to the op who started this...you like it..you like it...you don't and I like it...WHO CARES?...Do these articles just help us all get thru the largest joke perpetrated on mankind to date called COVID because we have nothing else to do?....WHO CARES..JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION....cause I'm too bored! Get off of mindless questions and Google the death toll of H1N1....and geeeeez...makes COVID exactly what it is....the biggest HYPE MAKING THE 6.5 ISSUE a pimple on the backside of humanity!...Just me! ( By the way brother Bean...this has nothing to do with any comments you made....I just LOVE tagging in with the Big boys on the site🤣🤣)

😂😂😂 No rangefinder, no Kestrel, no wind meter. And a 308 and a 270. Man am I going back in time or what.
He says he will do it. Take the challenge he's even gonna collect you from the airport.
What??? The 260 is the ballistic equivalent of the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not 300fps faster. The Swede in a modern LONG action is 100fps faster than the Creedmoor. But why choose the Swede when you got the 6.5x284? Good luck finding factory ammo for the Swede that is 100fps faster than the Creedmoor and you'll never find the unicorn 300fps faster 260 ammunition lol. You guys are too much.
I see, you buy factory ammo where you buy your Latte.
Handloadiing can bring out the best in every cartridge. Factory ammo for 6.5x55 is loaded to safe levels for the older military surplus rifles are still taking game in this new era.
I have a question for all the macho men on here: I actually quite enjoy lattes (and black coffee, and tea sometimes, not too proud for hot chocolate if it's cold out, to be honest there's not too many drinks I'd have a problem with, life's easier when you're not picky)...but I don't have a creedmoor. My primary hunting gun is a .300 win mag Im very fond of followed by my first ballistic love, the .270. Is a guy allowed to drink lattes and shoot a .300 win mag? Will the universe start acting all out of whack?🤪🤣😝😃
I like the .300wm although apparently a .6.5 is just as good at 1000, right.
That's like drinking your Latte an hour after you bought it, it's gone cold and doesn't compare.
The Latte thing comes up with the various man bun comments and is thrown in for a shot stir. The reference is generally regarding trends.
I will have a hot chocolate on a cold night,
Thoughts on the 6.5prc?
I would buy that before a 6.5cm , saves eating humble pie after putting **** on the cm.
What is it?
I'm enjoying my 7mm-08 and .280ai for now.
I like to shoot just about any rifle.I am 77 years old and so shooting big horsepower rifles is not as fun as it used to be.I have 3 6.5CM`s.One is being re chambered to 6.4 -284.I also have a 6.5-55 and a 6.5-270.I like 6.5 caliber.It gets the job done.I have a 300 yard backyard range with gongs.I like to shoot off hand at the gongs.Are any of the 6.5s super duper LR cartridges?Probably not ,but are great to 400-500 yards.If I need to take a longer poke I grab my Tikka 270WSM Brux barreled 1-8 twist.If I ever get up to Alaska again,my 300WSM or 30-06 will be enough gun.What is nice about the 6.5CM is availability of good brass and loaded ammo.You can find it anywhere.I have never lost an animal shot with the CM,but know my limitations.Every man needs to know his limitations.I am not an Operator,wannabe sniper or weekend warrior.I have been hunting shooting since about 10 years old.I spent 6 years in the Navy have shot High Power and Bench rest.Just sayin, you can`t judge a man by what he shoots.Huntz
You can shoot what you like old timer.
I notice you are in the WSM trend generation.
I'm not judging anyone just having fun poking gunst the Creedmoor and Its magic formula status.

I'm not sure what you mean by "small game", but I know a couple of 300 lb boar hogs sitting leisurely at 150 yards that might beg to differ. Each one DRT with a single neck/high shoulder shot with 140 gr Swift A-Frames. Accuracy and enough punch to do the job on nice sized critters.
Yep, 150 yards. Sitting leisurely. You could have done the same with a .223.
Heaps of pigs succumb to bolt action b.223s in Australia daily. Professional Too shooters knock em off when they can get a clean shot.
Another poster said something about them not being game and ethical energy not being a concern. I think they still deserve a clean death we have an ethical responsibility to try.
Im aware the Creedmoor kills hogs it's just not my choice for a hunting rifle.

Irealize I am answering my own question but perhaps I DID upset the balance of nature with my non particular beverage enjoyment and my .300 win mag preference. @FEENIX mentioned some crazy weather which brings to mind what happened here where I live. We went from +34 celcius (93f) to -4 (24f) and snowing in 36 hours. I understand these things are less unlikely for people living near mountains but I'm nowhere near them and this was weird. No joke, I have drank a latte and discharged a .300 win mag in the last week. Coincidence....

Oh you are an exception to the rule.
But you don't have a man bun.
What is a Latte? I order a Flat White White if I'm buying but terminology changes in different countries.
I heard of an Americano but I think that's
Something else here.

My understanding water helps release more flavor. Or makes the flavor better.
I heard that, and it's also the same dilution start to finish.
But I don't drink your whiskey it's not for me . I'm don't enjoy the Rye whiskys

While it is not in the precision rifle game, I know at least 4 in my office, 6 in my squadron, and at least 10 in another squadron just in the last year.
Let's just call it the gateway drug to precision shooting, it was/is for me and now I hope to build a 6.5-284 and maybe an ELR rifle somewhere between 338LM and 408cytg in the future.

So what about the people shooting ELK with 6.5GRENDEL....... (I don't think it's ethical)(unless you are 50 yards away!!!)

Ok, my .02. I love the man bun gun. It's a great cartridge but to say it is 'as good or better than the 300 WM' is someone who has never really sat down with both and compared them (also tells me you might be a millennial). I love my 300WM, my 270win and my 6.5 but for anything larger than whitetail past about 500 to 600 I'm going with my 300WM.

BTW Bean I ordered you a man bun gun cause I know you really wanted one. Just have to grow your hair a little longer (or get a fake bun and glue it on). 🤣

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ok, my .02. I love the man bun gun. It's a great cartridge but to say it is 'as good or better than the 300 WM' is someone who has never really sat down with both and compared them (also tells me you might be a millennial). I love my 300WM, my 270win and my 6.5 but for anything larger than whitetail past about 500 to 600 I'm going with my 300WM.

BTW Bean I ordered you a man bun gun cause I know you really wanted one. Just have to grow your hair a little longer (or get a fake bun and glue it on). 🤣

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Laugh.gif