Get the popcorn out

Ha, I have to admit I was part of a derailment on one of Small Lady's posts 🤪 So I've got it come'n🤣
But the responses have been what I expected, couple good answers to my question, some opinions with experience and a bucket load of sarcasm/ humor! How do ya not love this site?!?!

Very first post derailed my thread that day lol 😁🤣

Way back on page 1 of this thread, I gave you a good answer to...then was one of the culprits in making it wander off topic.
Very few threads here make it past page 1, without going off the rails. Often the funniest posts have nothing to do with the original question asked, 😂😂😂 Call me guilty of this.

I have it on good authority, that her real name starts with Justin and ends with truedough, and her biological father was Fidel Castro.

images(1892).jpg

In my 8 months of being on this forum, I've definitely noticed cliques, and trends. Unfortunately, or is it fortunately, I don't belong to any of them.
I don't own a nightmare scope, 6.5 Creed, 300 WM, and don't believe that someone should have to settle for being a mediocre shot, but make up for it by shooting a canon to compensate. But the best laughs of all come from those who don't know how to deal with a female being involved in hunting/shooting, and especially having an opinion of their own like I do, so they then try and start rumors about being FBI. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
I think you may be FBI, female bonafide instigator 😉.

I've got the 7 mm08 in a switch barrel encore . That sucker with 120 nosler ballistic tips is a dang good shooter and a killer .
My son has a 6.5 creedmoor and a 7 mm08 both . He's killed several deer now with both ,shooting various hand loads. He told me last week after killing his 3 rifle deer this year that he's going back to the 7 mm08 . Said that he'd never had one run after being shot with it . But last week all 3 ran after being shot with the creedmoor.
I understand fully that shot placement and bullet construction all play a part in what an animal does after being shot . But so does a lot of other factors.
Although I did hear a rumor that a 6.5 creedmoor might be the only thing that can hurt chuck norris. I believe it to be a rumor though
A16EB144-A8C1-4566-9C5E-ED59FE1D2470.jpeg

I purchased a Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 last year because I got one for my wife almost 20 years ago and it still is an accurate shooter.
Because of all the wisdom and knowledge from the generous folks here I've learned to hand load for accuracy and enjoy shooting a little farther than I used to.
Here comes the fun part, talking with some friends one day and they're telling me about their 6.5 creed's and I say oh I've got 7mm-08 that's a fun little shooter! And I immediately hear " Oh you need a 6.5"!!! So I asked what be the improvement over my 162 eldm's at 2640fps?
CRICKETS, none of em had an answer but 6.5'a are better.
So I'm curious, what will a 6.5 creedmoor do that my 7mm-08 can't?🤷‍♂️
I have a 7mm-08 and deer hunt with it, but the 156 berger and rl26 powder in a needmore will get it going over 2800 fps accurately. Though a 9 twist or faster and something like a 180 berger and rl26 in a 7mm-08 would have to do some good things. That said, I really like my 7-08 with 120 grn bullets for deer hunting in MN where shots are close. Minimal recoil and hits them just as hard as my 30-06.

Except for the sectional density and the better BC, I really didn't see the need to add to what I already have.

Now if I was starting out or helping a new shooter/hunter then I would consider one of the intermediate cartridges.

I think a more important question than the performance, is will components be available in 10+ years, because that forms my decision making in a lot of things.

Kill T-Rex's on the moon. I thought everyone knew that.
Everyone knows the only rifle rated for T-Rex is the Marlin 1895 levergun.

"The Marlin 1895, in conjunction with its use in the movie Jurassic World, had a unique animal icon added to Marlin's webpage. At the time, Marlin's lever-action rifles had a series of animal icons on each rifle's webpage indicating the type of game the rifle was rated to hunt. The Marlin 1895 .45-70 prominently showed a Tyrannosaurus Rex as one of the animals it was chambered to hunt."

Tikka makes a 6.5x55 which is like a magnum 6.5 Creed, if you reload. I shoot the 127g Barnes LR at 3150 fps with R#26 and cci 250 primers.
Pushed a 140 Berger VLD Hunting bullet in a CZ 550 6.5x55 to 300FPS. Burning out the throat in ten years of use. But it was shot thousands of times, miss that gun.

Recent Posts