Get the popcorn out

Outdrmn

I purchased a Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 last year because I got one for my wife almost 20 years ago and it still is an accurate shooter.
Because of all the wisdom and knowledge from the generous folks here I've learned to hand load for accuracy and enjoy shooting a little farther than I used to.
Here comes the fun part, talking with some friends one day and they're telling me about their 6.5 creed's and I say oh I've got 7mm-08 that's a fun little shooter! And I immediately hear " Oh you need a 6.5"!!! So I asked what be the improvement over my 162 eldm's at 2640fps?
CRICKETS, none of em had an answer but 6.5'a are better.
So I'm curious, what will a 6.5 creedmoor do that my 7mm-08 can't?🤷‍♂️

I purchased a Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 last year because I got one for my wife almost 20 years ago and it still is an accurate shooter.
Because of all the wisdom and knowledge from the generous folks here I've learned to hand load for accuracy and enjoy shooting a little farther than I used to.
Here comes the fun part, talking with some friends one day and they're telling me about their 6.5 creed's and I say oh I've got 7mm-08 that's a fun little shooter! And I immediately hear " Oh you need a 6.5"!!! So I asked what be the improvement over my 162 eldm's at 2640fps?
All the fun statements about Creeds aside. The 7mm-08 is an AWESOME cartridge. Deer, Bear, Moose, Elk. We had several and knocking deer down with 140gr Core Lockt (easy of the shelf ammo if not reloading) was a breeze.
Liking anything in the .308 case-.243, 25-08, .260 rem, 7mm-08, .308. Creeds are just copies of the .308 case.

Kill T-Rex's on the moon. I thought everyone knew that.
I was watching for the t-rex on the moon.....I think the 65crdm has killed them all.....
20231024_182929.jpg

Well have 2 6.5 Creedmoors, they are very accurate shooters, there are a lot of factory ammo options, so many I never really got into reloading it. Hmm, as far as the advantage over a 7mm, bought a 7mm PRC just to see if my daughter would prefer it. She likes shooting the Creedmoor. The 7mm PRC has a bit more recoil, than your 7mm-08. In hindsight maybe should have looked at a 7mm-08 or a 280-AI, instead. But shooting T-Rex's on the moon personally would prefer getting one of those Brontosaurus, and have a good Bronto burger or Ribs like the Flintstones. May have to move up to my 375 Ruger for that bad boy.

1. Cost you even more money than you've already spent.
2. Take up more room in your closet.
3. See above.