Get the popcorn out

There is a shoot in Wyoming, where they play at 1 mile and it is well attended, and you have Buffalo era Sharps rifles in addition to modern and other reproduction, some scopes, but many with soule sight and the Mk.1 eye ball. Quigley in Montana..on YouTube if you want to look.

Like I said my modern stuff is easy mode, I have a 2 Remington Rolling Blocks 1 made in 1867 the other 1874 in equivalent 50-70 US Government.
My sharps has a 34 inch tube and weighs about 14 lbs, so you sit and wait.

They might not have the range of modern or expanding bullets like an LRAB, but pure lead hits like a freight train and knocks them down, might have to wait for the cloud of smoke to clear first...but hey!

And the 45-90 is kind of small compared to what some of the other things out therešŸ˜²

I should mention the 2 bullets shown are both better suited to hunting, the target bullets are more areodynamic..haha...and can be up to 2 inches long and need twist rates of 1 in 16 to 1 in 14 in 45 caliber. 44 and 40 also have quite a following but that tends to be a bottle neck style of cartridge.

A long past friend had the 50-90 Sharps and he had it with a modern rifling twist and launched 750 grain PP Gibbs nose style alloyed lead bullets out of it, knocked you out from under your hat when you fired it and his weighed 20 pounds, he hunted Bison and Elk with it. He affectionately named it Big Bertha...