Get the popcorn out

😆I guess it depends if you drank the cool-aid or not . Had my 708 barrel crowned at 27 inches,Lilja #3 ,cm 1/9 twist . OP mine will push the same bullet 100 fps faster, don't tell anybody but she thinks she's a 270 wcf. Enjoy your 708 , a great scope will really stretch her out . Cheers🥳😉

😆I guess it depends if you drank the cool-aid or not . Had my 708 barrel crowned at 27 inches,Lilja #3 ,cm 1/9 twist . OP mine will push the same bullet 100 fps faster, don't tell anybody but she thinks she's a 270 wcf. Enjoy your 708 , a great scope will really stretch her out . Cheers🥳😉
Ain't drink'n no cool-aid!🤣
Definitely not tricked out like yours, but do have an Athlon Midas tac on it. And because of all I've learned from the Smart folks here I'm definitely enjoying the long range rabbit hole. I'm blessed to have a shooting spot on public land, 7"x14" railroad plates 300yds to 800 and a 20"x20" plate at 1000. And yes, I can actually ping em once in a while because of the gleaning of the wisdom here! Thanks!

My Webley & Scott 7-08 (it's really just a pretty Howa) is right behind my Ruger #1A in 6.5×55 (THE ORIGINAL 6.5) in the pecking order, it favors 130gr Speer Hot Cor bullets (pic is 5 shots @ 100 yards, flyer is cold clean barrel).

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 20
I've got the 7 mm08 in a switch barrel encore . That sucker with 120 nosler ballistic tips is a dang good shooter and a killer .
My son has a 6.5 creedmoor and a 7 mm08 both . He's killed several deer now with both ,shooting various hand loads. He told me last week after killing his 3 rifle deer this year that he's going back to the 7 mm08 . Said that he'd never had one run after being shot with it . But last week all 3 ran after being shot with the creedmoor.
I understand fully that shot placement and bullet construction all play a part in what an animal does after being shot . But so does a lot of other factors.
Although I did hear a rumor that a 6.5 creedmoor might be the only thing that can hurt chuck norris. I believe it to be a rumor though

I purchased a Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 last year because I got one for my wife almost 20 years ago and it still is an accurate shooter.
Because of all the wisdom and knowledge from the generous folks here I've learned to hand load for accuracy and enjoy shooting a little farther than I used to.
Here comes the fun part, talking with some friends one day and they're telling me about their 6.5 creed's and I say oh I've got 7mm-08 that's a fun little shooter! And I immediately hear " Oh you need a 6.5"!!! So I asked what be the improvement over my 162 eldm's at 2640fps?
CRICKETS, none of em had an answer but 6.5'a are better.
So I'm curious, what will a 6.5 creedmoor do that my 7mm-08 can't?🤷‍♂️
Well if you go to deer camp that 6.5 creed will flatten deer at 1500 yards and beyond!
If you go to elk camp it will flatten elk 1000 yards with no problem!
If you stumble into a bear camp I'm thinking it'll be the best brush bustin bear slaughtering howitzer on earth!!!
You stumble into my camp and that ancient 7-08 is just as darned good and respected as the day it was designed!!!! It'll do anything the creeds will do but better.

@Outdrmn

I usually shy away from even remotely 6.5 Creedmoor related threads, but it just so happens that I have a "story", too. A couple years ago AFTER our general gun season for deer had closed I was talking to another deputy who had a "deer story"…..said he was in his stand one morning and saw a big buck in an open field at an alleged 400 yards away and "ALL" he had was a 30-06 so he couldn't take the shot and he left the hunting grounds that day in disgust. He went on to tell me that he had taken advantage of a Black Friday deal (on the morning of our conversation) and purchased a Savage in 6.5 Creedmoor so he could just……..wait for it……"point and shoot" should that situation arise the following year. I'm sure the look on my face was EXACTLY like the following….
IMG_2724.gif

Recent Posts