Get the popcorn out

Creedmore holdover reticle….
1701188275622.jpeg

I was helping a local GS owner with a rifle he'd traded for and had brought it back with bad news. But that was the reason I was in the store when this happened. Guy in his early 40s. Had a well used Ruger 77 in 30-06 that wasn't shooting well anymore. He was trading for a new Browning bolt gun and a Zeiss V4 scope was being mounted. Owner of the store was messing with the rifle I'd returned, So I struck up a conversation with the guy. Asking about the old Ruger ect, Then I asked what caliber the new Browning was. Expecting to hear 6.5 CM. Nope, another 30-06. I wanted to hug the guy.

I purchased a Tikka super lite in 7mm-08 last year because I got one for my wife almost 20 years ago and it still is an accurate shooter.
Because of all the wisdom and knowledge from the generous folks here I've learned to hand load for accuracy and enjoy shooting a little farther than I used to.
Here comes the fun part, talking with some friends one day and they're telling me about their 6.5 creed's and I say oh I've got 7mm-08 that's a fun little shooter! And I immediately hear " Oh you need a 6.5"!!! So I asked what be the improvement over my 162 eldm's at 2640fps?
CRICKETS, none of em had an answer but 6.5'a are better.
So I'm curious, what will a 6.5 creedmoor do that my 7mm-08 can't?🤷‍♂️
I decided to combine the two:
7mm Creedmoor , currently working up a 162gr load.

Caliber wars.....and the reinvention of an existing round...sometimes it is an improvement other times it's like a fishing lure....we have those discussion here...we don't really have the light calibers perse.

But we have the 300 prc versus 300 win mag versus 338 Lapua mag and really how with proper chamber cuts and throating you can do much more and how one doesn't really give you much more than what I may already have and when you show actual versus theoretical numbers and down range numbers then the question of why can really come into play.

Want is completely different.