G7 BR2 rangefinder

For almost double the price of the Leica 1600 and 33% more than the Swaro, it better deliver everything with perfection right off the bat or it's doomed. Not to mention it is really quite a large unit.
I too hope it's a success if only to force the other folks to step up to the plate and upgrade their units too.
I hope the G7 is everything that the Leica 1600 turned out NOT to be. A bullet drop compensator that is actually useful.

Old thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows if this will give solutions in MOA, or yards only?

, go to g seven and look at specs, beam is not listed yet I t is taylored to bdc turret or a reticule hold, figures shoot too distance in yrds.

Last edited:
Bummer..Kinda what I thought. Not a huge deal to convert off a chart, that you would have anyway..Was just hoping it would do both.

I hope it works as good as skip d seems to think. Iam gona have Kevin cram build me a rifle and I think this range finder would be a good accessory .

Old thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows if this will give solutions in MOA, or yards only?

This only gives yardage read outs. I asked Aaron twice if they were planning to make an MOA version, once when they first announced they were developing it and once a couple weeks ago in his promotional video thread. I did not get an answer either time. Making an MOA version would make his Huskemaw and G7 scopes obsolete... not good for business.

I am planning to contact Lieca and Swaro and maybe othersto spark their interest in developing one since it doesn't appear that Aaron is interested in doing it. Lieca is already half there. With their 1600, you at least don't need an angle indicator or weather staion, just a calculator.

Last edited:
And for half the price. I guess the end result will be if the G7 will reliably range out to 2k on animals and give the plrf a run for its money.

I think to give the plrf a run for it's money they would have to actually sell them. The gun industry is horrible about advertising for years and then being very late on delivery and short on quality. I am not slamming the G7 line I just don't think I would build a gun for XXX bullet or wait on YYY rangefinder.

I think to give the plrf a run for it's money they would have to actually sell them. The gun industry is horrible about advertising for years and then being very late on delivery and short on quality. I am not slamming the G7 line I just don't think I would build a gun for XXX bullet or wait on YYY rangefinder.

^^^^^^I can't agree more with this.

It is also concerning to me that the Sponsor isn't answering any of the questions except those that he wants to. Really concerned about beam divergence. I will not come near this until there is more testing by more brave and more flush members.

And being understaffed is really not something I care to hear. That is how mistakes get made. Hire more people, get your website right so you can market effectively. Right size your business now to address needs. Otherwise, people will shop elsewhere.

You invest in a expensive TV show, but you don't invest in a web designer or internet marketer. That just isn't a good business plan. You are 10 times as likely to get a customer via the web then watching a TV show on a channel that not even all cable or satellite providers carry. Even if they do watch, the will likely visit online to look up more details, before they decide to purchase, which they will likely do online as well. That is a complete head shaker.

I would have bought one of your scopes possibly last Christmas, but there just isn't near enough info available on it because your website is so bad. I can't exactly go to the store and give it an inspection, so the net is the only place I could go. Not trying to beat up on you, just some constructive criticism.

I am excited to see G7 flourish, but I am at best cautiously optimistic that they will succeed.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.