g7 br2 rangefinder vs Leica rangefinder

If using a G7 BR2 and having it spit out the solution in MOA, I don't know why there is a need for a yardage turret. I have a BR2 and just dial MOA...if weather factors change enough then yardage will be off, but the BR2 will spit out the solution in MOA that accounts for the changes.

And like has been said, it needs to be validated by shooting. I was taught to enter in the info - BC, velocity, zero range - and validate. If shooting low, reduce velocity on the BR2. Adjust velocity until it is on at multiple ranges.

There may be other ways but that is what I was taught and have been using with mine, albeit I haven't owned it for long.

My reply is based on a hunting situation. I think the kestrel to time consuming for many hunting situations. I use both the G7 and Leica 1600 B on a regular basis. If I had to choose 1 it would be the G7. However, 800 yards or less I usually prefer the Leica. I believe that it is lighter, easier to carry and faster and easier to use. The accuracy of the lasers them selves are too close to talk about. I wish G7 would come out with a more compact version. Also a compass and corollas correction would be sweet.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.