G7 BR2 rangefinder

Dang Len, I jealous. Mine should be here the end of the month. Between it the G7 scope and my rebuilt Marlin MR-7 25-06 I should be hittin" them a long way out there. Brad

Scott, yup, I guess so but I've been waiting over 2 years! gun)

I hear ya! I was really excited about them but was hoping they would have a MIL option. I don't think I am going to change back to MIL. Maybe in the future they will add MIL or maybe some other companies will follow. One can only hope anyway.

WOW, sounds like I might have to start saving my pennies and look at selling my Swarovski.
I would be very interested in seeing someone doing a side by side test between the two.

I'm a little skeptical that a 2x4mil beam is going to be nothing but heartache, sure you'll get a range but on what! Ranging a hill isn't hard, even ranging a tree isn't bad but try to pick an antelope of in sage brush is an altogether different deal, or a deer in a wheat stubble field same thing. I'd also be interested in how far it will range a black cow as well. Looking forward to some field test!!!

I'm a little skeptical that a 2x4mil beam is going to be nothing but heartache, sure you'll get a range but on what! Ranging a hill isn't hard, even ranging a tree isn't bad but try to pick an antelope of in sage brush is an altogether different deal, or a deer in a wheat stubble field same thing. I'd also be interested in how far it will range a black cow as well. Looking forward to some field test!!!

+1 on everything you said.

I offered to do some field testing and reporting but never got a reponse.

I'd also be interested to know if the ballistic programing slows down the ranging feature. It sure seems to on the Leica 1600 vs the Leica 1200 (which didn't have any other feature except rangeing).

BTW Len, eberlestock small padded accessory pouch is a nice case for the rf.
By measurement it will fit right, I have yet to get mine out to try.
I'm going to be patient and wait until I get everything set up, then I'll have an early christmas :D.

I feel the speed is quite good, way, way faster than my Swarovski.

This morning I ranged the butt of a light brown heifer (young dairy cow) at 850 with a cornfield past it at 950.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.