Found Primers but are they too much $$$

I've from others that they are a smidgen larger which is good if you have cases with loose pockets.
Never have tried them. Reports say they are a bit harder as well but they get very good ES with them. And that they can be harder to seat. Problem is once you use the larger you can't go back with any of those cases. Have dealt with that in shotgun hulls before with Nobel Sport primers

Last edited:
I've got over 20,000 but it's spread between all types. I need fewer guns, lol.
I will be near you soon. If I'm not already w/ last purchase. lol Just wish I could find some Fed LRP. Have other brands. But I would still like to get some Fed. Just recently got some Win. I assume if they hit the shelves they are the first to go.

Last edited:
Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
It comes down to whether or not you want to keep shooting or take a pause. Just know that the price has been at or near that number for a while (18 months or so). If you do that math compared paying for factory ammo, it is still a no-brainer. Simple math says that the difference between buying primers at the 'good 'ole days' of 5 years ago, they were $50/1000. Or there about. Even at $170/1000 that works out to $1.40 more per box of 20. Or if your average range trip, like mine is around 40 rounds, $2.80 per range trip....if that is enough for you to not go out and have fun and shoot....you might want to get used to the idea of not shooting for a while.

I do not promote paying outlandish fees for things, but I also don't intend to sit outside the fun house watching all my pals having fun, while I sit at the curb pouting about how much the fun costs.

I am lucky, I saw the writing on the wall and built up my fall back reserves. Now I just try to keep the reserve at a certain level by replacing what I shoot over time. Buying sure hurts more than it used to but you have to pay to play.. I'd certainly rather see it available at high prices versus not available at all like so many products have been lately. Varget, H1000, AR Comp, and Fed. 210m stayed off the market far too long for comfort

This past August I stumbled into a LGS and gasped at a pile of Remington 9 1/2 primers. At 89.95 a brick I jumped in with both feet and came out with 6000. I thought about it and went back 5 hours later and they were all gone. I ate Cheerios for a week but was comfortable with my decision. My pet load with CCI200's grouped fine but needed a scope adjustment. I had decided last year that if I ran into LRP's I would spend what it took. I was surprised and thankful at 89.95 a brick. I haven't dug into any changes in velocity. All I know is that I have primers and my loads can remain unchanged, just a re-zero tweek.

I guess I'm lucky I just paid 89$ for a brick of small rifle match. I'm not paying 170$ for a brick of anything any time soon but depending on how supply progresses or digresses I might be eating those words. Time will tell.
Saw lots of Federal small rifle match the other day, but I can't use them. Don't think that they were stupid priced tho.

Howdy, a couple weeks ago I went into my old favorite LGS he always seems to find supplies when no one else has.
120.00 a brick. He sold me the whole box.
He and I talked about all this BS going on.
4 years ago I walked out of his shop with a brick of Fed 215 M for 38.00. And sure if we can see the Future, I would have bought the 5 cases he had setting on the floor. A case has 5 bricks. We agreed that we will never see that again. Get them if you can. 👍🎅

Attachments

• 20231223_104208.jpg
    20231223_104208.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 20
This past August I stumbled into a LGS and gasped at a pile of Remington 9 1/2 primers. At 89.95 a brick I jumped in with both feet and came out with 6000. I thought about it and went back 5 hours later and they were all gone. I ate Cheerios for a week but was comfortable with my decision. My pet load with CCI200's grouped fine but needed a scope adjustment. I had decided last year that if I ran into LRP's I would spend what it took. I was surprised and thankful at 89.95 a brick. I haven't dug into any changes in velocity. All I know is that I have primers and my loads can remain unchanged, just a re-zero tweek.
Bologna sandwiches go very well with Cheerios. The primers will last longer. Good trade