Found Primers but are they too much $$$

WyoRifleman

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?

I am embarrassed to say but I had to buy BR-4 at that price. It was very painful, and that was about 6-9 months ago and the price has not changed. I am nearing the end of that bunch so I will have to fork over the money if I want more. I don't think we will be back to the $40 per thousand any time soon.

That's about the going rate right now. LRP in general are expensive, and benchrest even more so. I just picked up 100 CCI 200s for 150 shipped.

Now's not the time to stockpile, but if you're really in need of primers they're not going to be cheap. As people stop buying them at that price they'll go down a bit. 400s have gone down a little and are now readily available.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
I've seen reg large rifle primers popping up for half that price. You've just got to jump on the primers quickly when they are posted.

Stupid high.....I passed up the exact same for $140 several times. Two weeks ago I bought a brick of 210M out the door for 114. I absolutely needed them as normally I wont spend much over 70. 70 is too high and I am buying as I have gone two years with almost no centerfire shooting. I'm not going another year so I'm feeding the dragon that is chewing my legs off and it is hard for me to understand why. 😂😂