Found Primers but are they too much $$$

I find them at half that price fairly regularly. I refuse to buy them at over $0.10 piece. I have bought several thousand for $40-85 per 1000 in the last 6months.
I see them I buy them. I know ten years from now, I'll wish they were 10 cents a piece.
Highest I gave was 12 cents. So far…. If they were 20 cents I'd buy them. I probably have enough for 10 years but thats getting kinda low for me.
Some would call that hoarding, but they should understand, shooting is my life, I don't drink, I don't smoke. I shoot guns! It consumes my free time.
I vowed in 2015 or so ammo scare, I'd never go without again. If I don't buy them, the next guy will. If I was a race car driver, I wouldn't stop racing because my oil and gas is too high. I set myself up pretty fat when things were cheap, so now I probably buy 2-3 k a year now. Basically put back what I used.

Last edited:
I think we need to change LGS to AGS (area gun store) where you call 150-200 mile everyone one you can find. If you find enough primers, powder and bullets, fuel cost becomes offset avoiding HAZMAT and ridiculous shipping fees. I have calling that far and identified several stores that had what I needed. ROAD TRIP! Seat filled with snacks, podcast loaded up, play lists set so a 5 hour round trip day not too bad if I have the "booty"! Ok run with that!😂

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
My local gun store just got in some BR 2 and they're exactly the same price,I refuse to pay that much!

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?

Our LGS had them for just a bit over $100/1000.….the problem is, they're a small shop and have difficulty getting primers!

I think that the supply situation may get a bit better, however on the cost….who knows!

Good Luck to ya partner….a terrible position to be in! memtb

I think we need to change LGS to AGS (area gun store) where you call 150-200 mile everyone one you can find. If you find enough primers, powder and bullets, fuel cost becomes offset avoiding HAZMAT and ridiculous shipping fees. I have calling that far and identified several stores that had what I needed. ROAD TRIP! Seat filled with snacks, podcast loaded up, play lists set so a 5 hour round trip day not too bad if I have the "booty"! Ok run with that!😂

If I knew that I could the primers I want, at under $100/1000….the wife and I would load up in the motor home, drive 165 miles to Billings and go grocery shopping. It's been about 6 months since we went shopping….getting primers would be a plus! 😉 memtb

If I knew that I could the primers I want, at under $100/1000….the wife and I would load up in the motor home, drive 165 miles to Billings and go grocery shopping. It's been about 6 months since we went shopping….getting primers would be a plus! 😉 memtb
Can see it now, Chevy Chase in RV backing into a small LGS parking lot! OMG need to have video!!😂

I stocked up during Obama, after the scare, and I thought I was overpaying at $250/case. I refuse to "feed the dragon" at these prices. Just feeding my huting needs and self defence practice. Price is a direct result of supply/demand. Manufacturers and world events control supply, we can control demand. Keep buying at any price, price will not come down.