Found Primers but are they too much $$$

Just because I feel a need to show how we are flat getting ripped off by manufacturers, wholesalers, and some dealers. I check with about nine different stores in two large towns in two states on a weekly basis. Not one had any nor have they had any Retumbo, and pistol primers if they had them were $110/1000. Some of those stores are a block square. Yesterday I picked up 8lb of Retumbo (Pounders $46) and 1000 primers (CCI Sm Pistol $65) from a tiny LGS. Small as in the entire building could be fit into 4 40' shipping containers. Dont tell me they are not ripping us off because they can.

You might very well be correct, and I sincerely hope you are.

But, if you are out of primers NOW, and want to continue to shoot, you HAVE to buy where you can find them.

I just shot 111 rounds across 6 rifles this morning banging steel. I have zero inclination to slow down my personal shooting practice. So I chose to remain well stocked.

If they haven't sold out already.

If you want to shoot, pony up the dough.
Up above the 49th LRP 400/1000 average, a weel or so ago I watch some CCI green and white box sell for 785. It's been a while since they used those boxes.

so they free? :D
No, they are not free they just cost anywhere from 65-120 a 1000. I cant wait for the dog poop truck to make it where I shop to avoid freight/haz mat. None available where I shop for the last month. You know I'm guilty of ripping people off. I feed my dogs high speed dog food, so I am able to sell their logs for a premium price. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

No, they are not free they just cost anywhere from 65-120 a 1000. I cant wait for the dog poop truck to make it where I shop to avoid freight/haz mat. None available where I shop for the last month. You know I'm guilty of ripping people off. I feed my dogs high speed dog food, so I am able to sell their logs for a premium price. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Please send one load of dog poop to my address, primers included! They do seem very plentiful. You would think with the wars and the military using SRP for 556 that they would be more scarce. Yet it's the LRP that stays scarce. I'm lucky, I saw the writing on the wall after the last shortage and stocked up well before thankfully. I still take advantage of any deals I can find to replace what I use but it's getting expensive. I try to hold my stock at a certain level.

Truth is dozens of states fall under the do nothing with shoplifting. I would love to be present if someone tried to shoplift at any of our LGS. The clientele would not just stand around, watch, do nothing, and with their phone out.
I absolutely despise a thief. I sure wouldn't stand by idly and let someone just take what they want. They need to get tougher with the laws. 1st offense, cut off one hand. 2nd, cut off the other. 3rd, capital punishment. That would stop some of it.

I absolutely despise a thief. I sure wouldn't stand by idly and let someone just take what they want. They need to get tougher with the laws. 1st offense, cut off one hand. 2nd, cut off the other. 3rd, capital punishment. That would stop some of it.
Well just beat the snail snot out of them or shoot someone and tell us how that works out for you.

Last edited:
Truth is dozens of states fall under the do nothing with shoplifting. I would love to be present if someone tried to shoplift at any of our LGS. The clientele would not just stand around, watch, do nothing, and with their phone out.
I worked at a local store and caught 30 dirtbags lifting in one month and I wasn't even trying. I made them sit on egg crates for 15 minutes. I'd get arrested for that now.