6.5-7mm prc

Nope you can't and or shouldn't same with a 6.5/7PRC ..........we can always make them do whatever we want to and "with no pressure signs" right:)
Scott built me one on a Model 70 action.
I didn't pressure out using N-560 till I got over 3316fps. So I am running the 156
Comfortably at 3200fps, 26" barrel.
Thank you again Scott. 👍

Scott built me one on a Model 70 action.
I didn't pressure out using N-560 till I got over 3316fps. So I am running the 156
Comfortably at 3200fps, 26" barrel.
Thank you again Scott. 👍
Powder River let er buck

Can you get 156gr Berger, even close to 3200fps. In a 264WM.😥
Maybe not a SAAMI one but this one can and then some.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2845.jpeg
    IMG_2845.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 65
This is a tough thread! It takes a derailing and keeps on going. Back to the 6.5-7prc. I think I will improve the shoulder, not so much for case capacity but for brass life. I am playing with a 22 creedmoor build now, but will start gathering parts for the 6.5-7prc improved. Someone should come up with a good chamber design, as long as they don't shorten the neck to much or make the shoulder angle crazy steep trying to gain powder capacity, This will be a true long range hammer.
What are you considering, a 35 or 40 shoulder?
I would think the 40 would pull down the neck length? I have an old school 280ai not the Nosler ai and Fire forming 280 rem cases does pull it down slightly in my chamber.

Howdy, I don't want to derail this thread.
I'm looking at a 270/7PRC also.
But I am looking at a reamer with the 170 BT. Nosler.
I think someone on this site did a 27 Nosler with a freebore for that around .087? If I remember correctly?

This is a tough thread! It takes a derailing and keeps on going. Back to the 6.5-7prc. I think I will improve the shoulder, not so much for case capacity but for brass life. I am playing with a 22 creedmoor build now, but will start gathering parts for the 6.5-7prc improved. Someone should come up with a good chamber design, as long as they don't shorten the neck to much or make the shoulder angle crazy steep trying to gain powder capacity, This will be a true long range hammer.
Unknown Munition has already designed a 6.5-7PRC Improved. They said the reamer specs are available to anyone. I was thinking about it but I don't want to invest in the custom dies for maybe 50 fps over a 6.5-7PRC.

What are you considering, a 35 or 40 shoulder?
I would think the 40 would pull down the neck length? I have an old school 280ai not the Nosler ai and Fire forming 280 rem cases does pull it down slightly in my chamber.
I am not sure yet. I will watch the results from Unknown munitions for their results. They will probably run max/high pressure loads, but will still give valuable info. As well as I am sure they will give a comparison to the 6.5-7 saum. When UM gets more into the process they will most likely do the leg work for the dies and starting load development. This should give us lots of insight into the worth of changing the shoulder angle especially if they can get good Brass life out of their high pressure loads. Hopefully they will test it in a long barrel 26" or 28" but they tend to like short barrels for suppressors. I am thinking a minimum of 26" for my build. I don't think I would plus p the chamber, but maybe a little more freebore and a slight gain twist maybe 8.5 to 7.7 depending on the powder case fill % and pressure to reach 3200+ with a 156 gr bullet, that is what I will consider deciding shoulder angle. If the load to reach 3200+ is not compressed or over pressure maybe just neck size and still have good brass life. Figuring out your build is half the fun,