For 7 mm enthusiasts

That really astonishes me that you didn't find the 7x 65R in your ammoguide. :rolleyes: Wilhelm Brenneke was the inventor of both the 7x64 and its rimmed version 7x65R. The 7 x65R is at least as popular as the older 7x57R, and you''ll find it all over Europe in really outstanding big numbers. Winchester is producing the 7x65R with the 175grs Nosler Partition and Hornady with the 140grs. GMX (bad velocity). I suppose that they are not for sale in the US. :cool: You may see how famous and well known this calibre is if big US producers fabricate fab - ammo for it. And all the European producers do!
The choice among good 8 mm bullets here in Europe is almost to big. It looks like to be an American issue, unfortunately. The US market is the most interesting and biggest of them all. A reason could be your own industry which might be not interested in even more products to promote and sell. Just a thought!

The 7x57 (not the 7x57R) is popular here. My gunsmith has made his own improved version of it and it is his favorite rifle. He is also a 7mm fan :) but not a fan of magnum cartridges. Single shot breaking actions did not become popular here. over here, we think of them more as a safari gun and chambered in larger cals. The bolt rifles are by far the most popular.

Interesting that the 8's are so popular over there and not here. I'm not sure why that is. Remington did try to make the 8mm Rem Mag popular but it just never got very far. You can still by the rifles and ammo but not much of a selection. Interestingly, it is basically the 8mm version of the 7 STW.

I would love to see a beltless 8mm RemMag with some good heavy LR bullets like Berger VLD's or NAB's....I'd probably own one if that was the case. That would be a good LR shooter.

If you could find good LR bullets for it.... I don't know of any. I'm surprised you don't prefer it in it's existing form as your are a big fan of the STW and the 8mm RM is the same case. If you want the beltless version, blow out the 8 x 68S.

If I ever did an 8mm, I would definitely use the 338 LM as a parent case.

Take one of your rifles/actions, go to your smith and get it (re)barreled, (re)chambered with a beltless high performance 8 x 68 S and you are done. :) No endless and in vain waiting for a beltless 8 RM. gun)Since you are always looking for something special on the calibre sector here is the "thing" you desired. Give it a try! :) BTW, we should come back to the topic, 7s!

If you could find good LR bullets for it.... I don't know of any. I'm surprised you don't prefer it in it's existing form as your are a big fan of the STW and the 8mm RM is the same case. If you want the beltless version, blow out the 8 x 68S.

Like'a deese?

8mmTitan_zpsc5f03d65.jpg

As I told Mudrunner before as he showed off the 8 mm monster, it would be a nice thing to have an open 8 mm thread as well! :) Since there so many sponsors on board, not to mention Berger Ammo :D, this could be the right appetizer for them to do finally something about the neglected 8s!?

VB, the reason I am so obsessed with beltless is because I seem to not be getting the case life out of my STW brass when I load them hot...I mean, 1-2 loadings and they pop near the case head. Beltless would have a thicker web and sides down by the head, so that should help increase brass life with hot loads...

I used the 8x68S to design the 7mm Malum...I think you might like it... What do you think?

7mmMalum_zps0832cde5.jpg

VB, the reason I am so obsessed with beltless is because I seem to not be getting the case life out of my STW brass when I load them hot...I mean, 1-2 loadings and they pop near the case head. Beltless would have a thicker web and sides down by the head, so that should help increase brass life with hot loads...

I used the 8x68S to design the 7mm Malum...I think you might like it... What do you think?

7mmMalum_zps0832cde5.jpg

Great design and usefull! :) That might be a strong concurrence design for the 7 STW and 7 RUM. Let us hope that some like the plan and are going to test it. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.