For 7 mm enthusiasts

Browning High Wall
I've always liked the looks of the Brownimg High Wall. Been looking at one in 7 rem mag with a view towards a re chamber to 7 STW, or possibly the new Nosler 28. Anyone out there have any info on the high walls accuracy potential etc. it has an octagonal 28" barrel & seems like it might be a great project. Any thoughts? Anybody do one already? Thanks

[FONT=&quot]Why aren't you going Ruger #1? Great rifles chambered for a broad spectrum of 7mm rounds. From 7x57Mauser (275 Rigby) to 7STW and many different kind of models. In Europe, you will even find the spectaculous Heym - Ruger #1 with all the European 7mms in addition if you like to. Really "big cinema" are the falling block rifles made by Hartmann & Weiss (Heerenbuechse) and Blaser (discontinued).[/FONT]

IMPALA Katalog - EN

This is a good bullet maker firm. They are south African, but there is several dealers around. Brass made solids in various guise, and they can deliver custom ammunition, factory made to your specifications if one order a minimum quanta. There is some really nice loads at great velocity to have here, and have very good accuracy also there.

On longer ranges it will shoot very flat, and the vacuum bubble surrounding the bullet on its flight will help the kinetic energy upon the impact , based on the shape of the bullet.

IMPALA Katalog - EN

This is a good bullet maker firm. They are south African, but there is several dealers around. Brass made solids in various guise, and they can deliver custom ammunition, factory made to your specifications if one order a minimum quanta. There is some really nice loads at great velocity to have here, and have very good accuracy also there.

On longer ranges it will shoot very flat, and the vacuum bubble surrounding the bullet on its flight will help the kinetic energy upon the impact , based on the shape of the bullet.

Impala products are kind of impressive. 3 - 4 years ago I had the luck of using Impala's ordinary LS - bullet (all purpose) in 7x64 Brenneke. MV of 1040m/s or 3412fps! The efffect on game was very good out to 300m (I hunt within this distance) always combined with penetration and almost no losses of meat. It's kind of "clean killing". Ammo and bullets are expensive though, but worth it IMO. Impala delivers bullets for "normal hunting", special bullets for driven hunts and those for dangerous and thickskinned African.
7x57 Mauser, LS - bullet, MV of 980m/s or 3215fps; 7 RemMag, LS - bullet, MV of 1110m/s or 3642fps. By using Impala bullets it's almost possible to hunt everything with just one specific calibre/cartrigde.

They are Norma.....I have attached pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5523.jpg
    IMG_5523.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5522.jpg
    IMG_5522.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 61
That's a fortune in readily loaded cartridges of 7x61 Sharpe & Hart! :) 7x61 S&H were only produced by Norma with the name Norma Super due to the preferences on the American marked. The 7x61S&H is a very potent round, a real magnum on the same level than the 7RM. Head-stamped cases er still produced by Norma and some minor manufacturers in Germany. The 7x61 S&H is a round for the passionate 7mm enthusiasts, and they will never going to regret it. gun)

A collection of rifles chambered for these 7mm cartridges should be a "wet" dream for any enthusiast of this caliber IMHO. :D

7x57 Mauser, 7x64 Brenneke, 280 Rem (AI), 7mm Rem Mag, 7x61 S&H, 7x66 SE v. Hofe and of course the 7 Wby. It's just my collection, and any other input is strongly appreciated.

you also need a 7rum. I am at mild loads doing 3080 fps with a 180 smk with my 7rum. It is a bit harder on everything than the 7stw, but it is a good caliber when you need a LOT of speed and accuracy on a big 7mm bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.