For 7 mm enthusiasts

If I can get the money up I will for sure have this one made...It looks to be a pretty good design, and I think a very efficient one, too.

Unfortunately, the wildcat convo tends to die when everything you get excited about, and discussed, goes down the drain when the cartridge proprieter (designer) has a lack of money. LOL

I'm trying to pimp my truck to whoever will buy it, but it needs to go ASAP. Hopefully it will sell soon, then I can get this wildcat underway.

Unfortunately, the wildcat convo tends to die when everything you get excited about, and discussed, goes down the drain when the cartridge proprieter (designer) has a lack of money. LOL

I'm trying to pimp my truck to whoever will buy it, but it needs to go ASAP. Hopefully it will sell soon, then I can get this wildcat underway.

Yep, you're probably right since you know the folks round here much better then I do. :) I wish you (and us) could luck with your truck. Would both benefit the 7s and your wallet. :D

Yep, you're probably right since you know the folks round here much better then I do. :) I wish you (and us) could luck with your truck. Would both benefit the 7s and your wallet. :D
Thanks! It would definitely benefit both of those...Then I could use my income for just paying bills and use the truck money for the playtoys, guns, and wildcats.

Thanks! It would definitely benefit both of those...Then I could use my income for just paying bills and use the truck money for the playtoys, guns, and wildcats.

Your classification is precisely the one I (we all) like best. :D Money for the bills, ok, but the main part for hunting and gun)BTW, just preparing for moose hunt in Sweden between 14th Oktober - 21th Oktober.

Yepp, they are huge but they easily fall (good bullet -placement required). :) No artillery necessary. :D For that purpose a 7RM is more than sufficient.
There's a member on here that killed a monster moose @ 900-something yards with a 7RM. I can't remember who, but it was huge!

There's a member on here that killed a monster moose @ 900-something yards with a 7RM. I can't remember who, but it was huge!

Wow, I can't almost imagine how difficult a shot like that might be...honestly I wouldn't dare to shoot on game at that distance. It' s about a different hunting culture and opportunities. Your example shows clearly how decisive good bullet placement is before calibre. 7RM is one of the best ever IMHO! :)

WOW! While I think long-range hunting is perfectly appropriate, I don't think I'd take on a big 'ol moose with a 7mm RM @ that range. Then again the "proof is in the pudding" and that hunter filled his/her freezer where I may have just had tag soup...

In Scandinavia you'll find many people using 7s like 7 x 57 (R), 7 x 64 (65R) and 7 RM on mooose at all occasions and never have any trouble killing moose, wild boar or deer fast enough and correctly. That supports our opinion that hunters/ shooters first of all have to train a lot on the range and getting familiar with their guns. In Norway everyone who wants to hunt on larger game has to pass an annual shooting test! For every rifle he or she wants to hunt with. If not... no hunting. Easy as that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.