For 7 mm enthusiasts

The 7 LRM is a great LR round. It is almost identical to the 7 Dakota in design and performance but the brass is costs less. The 7 Dakota is a little shorter and fatter than the LRM. Both are proprietary which limits their marketing and availability and unfortunately I doubt you will see much of them in Europe.

To get a 7 LRM rifle you either have to buy direct from Gunwerks or Len ,the owner of this site, or buy/rent a reamer from Gunwerks and chamber your own. To get brass you have to buy it from Gunwerks.

It would probably be easier for you to modify and improve the 8x68S which would also give you the same performance and no belt.

Maybe you could contact Gunwerks and see what they say?

The 7 LRM is a great LR round. It is almost identical to the 7 Dakota in design and performance but the brass is costs less. The 7 Dakota is a little shorter and fatter than the LRM. Both are proprietary which limits their marketing and availability and unfortunately I doubt you will see much of them in Europe.

To get a 7 LRM rifle you either have to buy direct from Gunwerks or Len ,the owner of this site, or buy/rent a reamer from Gunwerks and chamber your own. To get brass you have to buy it from Gunwerks.

It would probably be easier for you to modify and improve the 8x68S which would also give you the same performance and no belt.

Maybe you could contact Gunwerks and see what they say?

It's a good idea what you said about contacting Gunwerks, because I'm not capable of modifying a round like the great 8x68S to a fitting 7mm wildcat. As soon as I will have the money for my next rifle project in may 2014 or so I'm going to email Gunwerks. Maybe they find a way to get a rifle shipped to Europe. If there will be any obstacles getting brass/ammo for the 7LRM over here, I'll stick to my original plan and purchase a usual 7 RM. However, it's always hot to own something new and special. :)

A legal question Varberger:
I believe Norway is part of the CIP and proofing is required for all civilian rifles, right? Do you, similarly to Germany, need a special manufacturing license to modify essential parts (barrel, bolt) of a rifle?

ps: The Brits use the 7mm BooBoo which is a 7x68AI. You could shoot an email to Dolphin Gun Works for example and ask if they have a reamer in stock?

A legal question Varberger:
I believe Norway is part of the CIP and proofing is required for all civilian rifles, right? Do you, similarly to Germany, need a special manufacturing license to modify essential parts (barrel, bolt) of a rifle?

ps: The Brits use the 7mm BooBoo which is a 7x68AI. You could shoot an email to Dolphin Gun Works for example and ask if they have a reamer in stock?

Yes, Norway is member of the CIP as far as I know, but you won't find any proof houses here like in Germany, the UK an so on. Normally all guns entering Norway as import have been checked and tested in the countries of origin. If f. ex. a rifle is getting rebarreled/rechambered in Norway the smith is making his own private testing to assure safety, no stamps by proof houses etc. requested. Strange, but it's like this.
Thanks for the tip with the 7x68AI(sounds very nice), but that's too complicated in my case. I like to have calibres I surely and rapidly get supply of.

Varberger757, i know a rem sendero in 7mm STW for sale in trondheim. Å friend of mine is selling.

Thank you for your answer and included offer, but as I posted before won't my rifle project start before May 2014 due to money... The Senderos are superb rifles for righthanded guys, and that's unfortuantely not the case with me. :rolleyes: BTW, welcome on board of this site! Nice to have one more here on LRH who is coming from the same country. :)

You might want to check the condition of the throat and bore first :)

Thanks for the good advice! :) As you know by now after all our good discussions have I been intrigued by the 7 LRM for future projects. If I can't get a shipping organized due to export restrictions in the US I will go for the 7 RM as originally planned. That's also a very good choice and uncomplicated too. :) I love to shoot and hunt, but I hate unnecessary complications. gun)

Thank you for your answer and included offer, but as I posted before won't my rifle project start before May 2014 due to money... The Senderos are superb rifles for righthanded guys, and that's unfortuantely not the case with me. :rolleyes: BTW, welcome on board of this site! Nice to have one more here on LRH who is coming from the same country. :)

Hello, he has no stress selling the sendero.
I have a 7mm STW myself, sako 75. Fantastic caliber, lots of fun.
We are å bunch from Norway in here also. Are you at kammeret.no also?

Hello, he has no stress selling the sendero.
I have a 7mm STW myself, sako 75. Fantastic caliber, lots of fun.
We are å bunch from Norway in here also. Are you at kammeret.no also?

Thanks for the answer! :) I'm absolutely sure about that your friend won't have any problems selling his Sendero, great rifles and hard to find. I've heard and also read about that the 7STW should be a tricky round to handle due to reloading. What would you mean as a satisfied owner of one?
No, I'm not at kammeret.no so far, but maybe I will.

Personally I'm a little bit preoccupied with thoughts around the 7 LRM (by Gunwerks) as you perhaps could read before, or the usual but lovely 7 RM.

VB....You might wanna jump on it. Those are even rare around these parts. I can imagine how rare they are in Norway.

You know that I want to have one build. :) My plan (hopefully realized in May to July 2014)

actions: Rem 700, Heym SR 20 G / 21 or Win 70, all LH
trigger: Timney for lefties (Rem 700, Win 70) or Jewell
barrel: 26' ss Lilja, Krieger or Walther. My personal favorite is Lilja
Picatinny rail 20 MOA or Talley integral mounts (just seen them)
Leupold VX- 6, 3 -18x50 (30mm) sidefocus, CDS and illuminated B&C reticle
12mm M 15x1 thread for Hdp - muzzlebrake and Stocker 250 suppressor (both Lutz Moeller)

Thanks for the answer! :) I'm absolutely sure about that your friend won't have any problems selling his Sendero, great rifles and hard to find. I've heard and also read about that the 7STW should be a tricky round to handle due to reloading. What would you mean as a satisfied owner of one?
No, I'm not at kammeret.no so far, but maybe I will.

Personally I'm a little bit preoccupied with thoughts around the 7 LRM (by Gunwerks) as you perhaps could read before, or the usual but lovely 7 RM.

I have no problem reloading the STW, Vihtavuori N 560 is the solution:) both 160 accubond and 162 amax are going great in my rifle. Waiting for some 175 accubond lr but it takes some time and efford to get them.

You know that I want to have one build. :) My plan (hopefully realized in May to July 2014)

actions: Rem 700, Heym SR 20 G / 21 or Win 70, all LH
trigger: Timney for lefties (Rem 700, Win 70) or Jewell
barrel: 26' ss Lilja, Krieger or Walther. My personal favorite is Lilja
Picatinny rail 20 MOA or Talley integral mounts (just seen them)
Leupold VX- 6, 3 -18x50 (30mm) sidefocus, CDS and illuminated B&C reticle
12mm M 15x1 thread for Hdp - muzzlebrake and Stocker 250 suppressor (both Lutz Moeller)

Give R.Hansen å call. Costs alot but it is good ****. Had one in 338 LM from him.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.