For 7 mm enthusiasts

Give R.Hansen å call. Costs alot but it is good ****. Had one in 338 LM from him.

Ha, ha nice to hear because R. Hansen is around the corner! :) The two Hansens deliver good work, but I thought to order at A. Rafdal. I really do like the way he explains his work and is an outstanding craftman too.

Ok so I read the tread and I guess I'm a 7mm fan

BLR 7mm-08 - 145 Speers Hot-Core over Big Game 2700fps
Browning Micro Hunter 7mm-08 - 140 TTSX over H-414 2800fps
A-Bolt SS Stalker 7Rem Mag 140 TTSX over Retumbo 3200fps
Weatherby Accumark 7STW - 154 Spire points over IMR-7828 3250fps
Rem LSS 7RUM

Like them all. The RUM the latest 162 A-Max over Retumbo 3350fps 1/2" 3 groups 100yrds

They all shoot well under 1"

Thought about the 7x57 but very similar to the 7-08.

All Left Handed except obviously the Browning Lever Rifle.

Ok so I read the tread and I guess I'm a 7mm fan

BLR 7mm-08 - 145 Speers Hot-Core over Big Game 2700fps
Browning Micro Hunter 7mm-08 - 140 TTSX over H-414 2800fps
A-Bolt SS Stalker 7Rem Mag 140 TTSX over Retumbo 3200fps
Weatherby Accumark 7STW - 154 Spire points over IMR-7828 3250fps
Rem LSS 7RUM

Like them all. The RUM the latest 162 A-Max over Retumbo 3350fps 1/2" 3 groups 100yrds

They all shoot well under 1"

Thought about the 7x57 but very similar to the 7-08.

All Left Handed except obviously the Browning Lever Rifle.

I bet you are! :) There is not much missing in your collection. Maybe you could be interested "filling" up with a 7x64 or 280 Rem between the 7mm-08 and the 7RM? :D Impressive velocities you're squeezing out of your rounds, especially when I'm looking at the 7mm-08. Awesome! What's the barrel-length?

I've always been a fan of the 7mm. My first rifle was a 7 Rem Mag, but after several yrs and the last deer I shot with it at 10 yds (in the woods from a tree stand) I kind of thought it was overkill so I sold it and bought a 7/08 and used that for another 6 yrs or so. My new hunting spot off my deck is out to 250 yds. So I bumped up to the 7SAUM and am extremely happy with it.
My list of 7's were

7 BR pistol Encore
7/08 rifle Rem
7mm/ 6.5 Rem Mag I may build another one of these on a Tikka I have
7 SAUM full custom and current 7 mm Stiller, A-3 Sporter Edge, Rem Varmint contour
7 Rem Mag Vanguard
7 Ultra mag Sendero

I'm green with envy looking at the American opportunities of possessing firearms! If I'd like to have as many 7s' or other guns as many of you do (and I like to :D), I'm forced to take the very expensive way over system - rifles like Blaser, Merkel, etc. So far the possession of different barrels, boltheads and magazines is not restricted...

If anyone has a spare .223 short action sitting around, you could always build a 7mm TCU. I hear they're capable out to a couple hundred yards. With some 140 Bergers it would be a nasty virtually no-recoil deer round for sub-300 yard shooting.

I'm green with envy looking at the American opportunities of possessing firearms! If I'd like to have as many 7s' or other guns as many of you do (and I like to :D), I'm forced to take the very expensive way over system - rifles like Blaser, Merkel, etc. So far the possession of different barrels, boltheads and magazines is not restricted...

My Great, great maybe one more great in there Grandfather left Norway back when Sweden was in control and migrated to Minnesota. Their name was Svinger but someone thought it was too hard to pronounce so it was changed to Nelson. I have them to thank for my opportunities to own what I need or like.

My Great, great maybe one more great in there Grandfather left Norway back when Sweden was in control and migrated to Minnesota. Their name was Svinger but someone thought it was too hard to pronounce so it was changed to Nelson. I have them to thank for my opportunities to own what I need or like.

Don't get me wrong Norway is a great country to live in. You would surely like it, but I think that the so called "gun warderobe" of just 6 legal pieces (!!) is way to little. :rolleyes:

Believe I would and will someday. I missed the trip My Dad and brother made several yrs ago. I believe it was the 100 yr celebration of Independence but can't remember for sure. Funny thing is my grandfather married a Swede.
Yeah six gun limit would be a pain as I'm taking that many on a Black Bear hunt with me as my wife is hunting also.
Only taking one 7mm though, it's my long ranger 7 SAUM Stiller shooting the 180 Bergers.
Wife's shooting a 350 rem Mag Remy, Model 7 braked.
Others are 300 Win, 300 Saum, 270 win, 44 lever and 356 lever. All have their purpose either backup or for tracking purposes if needed.

It is many roads into the mm enthusiasm, one solid US made argument with Swedish -Norwegian pedigree is the 7x61S&H. Phil Sharpe were in the US Army during ww2 and he came across a French experiment rifle. it was in a Arsenal, maybe St Etienne, not sure of it now . the rifle looked like Chauchat and the case were belt less and looked like something not possible to think of ca pre 1914 as the rifle designe were from . He took the hard way first, making cases from .300 H&H without belt on, but he kept the belt in making it hold better and not ruin the cases in machining process.

Without knowing it , a legend was born and he got Schultz & Larsen into making rifles. Since Weatherby also had lot to do with them, in making the .378 Wby at their new designed M56A magnum lock , it is understandable why the 7x61 and 7mm Wby share many similarities.

There is many others to look up on also. But here is something i would think harder on. 280 Rem, 280 AI, 7mm Rem, 7mm Wby, 7x61, 7x61 Super. The Rum ones leave much to save barrel cost on. One have to have special barrels for them in my mind and that cost a bit much

If i were to make something new, i would shorten the 375 Ruger a little bit and neck it own. not like the 7 LRM , but a little bit moddied one . Get the same of the 7x66 Vom Hofe in a modern case that is easy to find in the US. I wil lget more edited in here later.

Thank you for the revival of this particular thread (deserves it :)) and the informative post, which was also good to read.
Personally, I do like diversity, so it's great to hear about other intriguing 7mms'then all the time about the same "candidates". That's getting quite boring by the time …
The 7x61 Sharpe & Hart you mentioned could have been a strong candidate also for me personally, but it's unfortunately fading away more and more, and only Norma produces head stamped brass. At least as good as the famous 7RM it did suffer from the same release date and the lack of relevant marketing in the USA. The 7x61 S&H is something for die - hard supporters, and not useful if somebody wants to use it on hunting tours due to the total lack of factory ammunition. Almost the same is to say about the 7x66 SE v. Hofe. A very modern creation due to its beltless case with a big H20 volume and performance on 7WBY – level. Unfortunately, this great cartridge suffers from a lack of supplies beyond European borders. Although there are still three minor producers to find and head stamped brass isn't an issue over here on the "Old Continent".
7 STW, intriguing cartridge, but very rare to find over here. Lots of performance, but for my taste too big concerning case length and exclusively overbore.
[FONT=&quot]Actually, for me it boils down to the 7WBY. Even today a modern design apart from its belted case. Great performance and four producers of factory ammo that is available worldwide. I know there has been always a certain freebore - discussion that is overestimated IMO. There are many other rounds with significant freebore, which in spite of deliver great accuracy.[/FONT]

Sounds like the 7x66 you speak of is a somewhat inferior round to the American designed 7mm Dakota. The STW is just about outdated and will be taking backseat to the 7mm Rem, 7mm RUM, and the new 280 Nosler. To put it bluntly the STW sucks pondwater.

?? What do you try to be? Running provocation or something similar? To pretend that the 7STW sucks or a 7x66SE might be kind of inferior is plainly said BS.
Edit: Why did you take the pseudonym "Bros"? Broz is a guy that counts! lightbulb

The Dakota rounds were made by Norma and designed by Dakota in cooperation . Sadly the 7 Dakota is fading away since original cases were soft alloys in so they did not have long life . Best option for them is to remake them from .404 cases. If i had a long action and plenty of cases i would build a 7x73 full lenght on the .404 case and get a case that did not care about the belt at all MUNICION.ORG

Browning High Wall
I've always liked the looks of the Brownimg High Wall. Been looking at one in 7 rem mag with a view towards a re chamber to 7 STW, or possibly the new Nosler 28. Anyone out there have any info on the high walls accuracy potential etc. it has an octagonal 28" barrel & seems like it might be a great project. Any thoughts? Anybody do one already? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.