Do I really need a 300 PRC?????

I see no advantage to a PRC.
I have 5 300WM's, all on actions that utilise a 3.6" or 3.7" mag box, so the PRC's extra length is no advantage.
My RUM, with a 4" Wyatt's box is another level all together. I am getting insane velocities and just started testing with H50BMG. Temps are a bit extreme at the moment so I have stopped doing load development. 39°C yesterday and expected to be 40°C today.

Cheers.
What!! Where are you at? 3 whole degrees outside here in Montana right now! 👍

I have a .300 WBY, built by Kampfeld Customs about 12 years ago that is an absolute tack driver. It is used for most of my western adventures. It shoots 180 NABs in very nice and tight little clusters. I have the most confidence in the rifle, thus why it goes on most expeditions.

However, I want a setup for open country elk and deer with a suppressor. I'm leaning hard towards a .300 PRC but also considering a 7mm SAUM and .300 WSM. The point is, I am not discounting another .300, as this rifle will be setup differently. If you need the push to get a 300 PRC, don't let the fact you have another .300, just do it if you see it filling a different niche.

I have been debating on if I should buy a 300 PRC and get right to the point of doing it and then backing out???? It is a Seekins with a factory brake and the price I feel is very fair. Problem is, I have a Cooper in 300 Weatherby and it is a nail driver!! Just don't know if I need 2 300's like this. It is more of a want than a need. Talk me out of it and tell I'm good enough off, or talk me in to it and tell me everyone needs one???????
Want it? YES! Need it? No! Go for it. That's why you're one of us & on this list of fine folks! "Enjoy life....this is NOT a dress rehearsal!" Happy New Year all!

I have been debating on if I should buy a 300 PRC and get right to the point of doing it and then backing out???? It is a Seekins with a factory brake and the price I feel is very fair. Problem is, I have a Cooper in 300 Weatherby and it is a nail driver!! Just don't know if I need 2 300's like this. It is more of a want than a need. Talk me out of it and tell I'm good enough off, or talk me in to it and tell me everyone needs one???????
You should built one, and then after the hungt...just give it to me....it will be my excuse for another safe...😍

The whereabouts clue was - utilise vs. utilize and 40 deg. C (104 deg. F) - no trips to our range in Montana until next week for us until temps climb over freezing.

As for the .300 PRC, I will probably get one when brass is available because I like new stuff. I have a 3.6 .300WM single shot that does what I need, like a 200 plus grain bullet at 2800 fps. This gets into stuff like buying cars, trucks, & outboard boat motors - more speed & power.

Somewhat the same reasoning for the 6.5 PRC. I already have a donor action for that.

If it's a want then get it! If you want another rifle and have money to spend then maybe fill a gap in your safe with a caliber that peaks your interest. 257 weatherby, 6.5prc,
6.5x300😈.

The whereabouts clue was - utilise vs. utilize and 40 deg. C (104 deg. F) - no trips to our range in Montana until next week for us until temps climb over freezing.

As for the .300 PRC, I will probably get one when brass is available because I like new stuff. I have a 3.6 .300WM single shot that does what I need, like a 200 plus grain bullet at 2800 fps. This gets into stuff like buying cars, trucks, & outboard boat motors - more speed & power.

Somewhat the same reasoning for the 6.5 PRC. I already have a donor action for that.
Lust for this same caliber has been knocking at my door as well.

I just went down this same road. "Do I need another 30 Cal in the safe?" I have a 300PRC, 2 308's, 300 Savage and had a 300WSM. WSM is a RH action and I'm a southpaw so sold it to finance a build of a LH 300WSM. I really like the WSM cartridges and have a 7WSM also.

Can't talk you out of that because they are both fantastic rifles. A friend has both, and they both shoot lights-out! I think he prefers the Seekins. Why not consider buying the Seekins in a different caliber? (Then you won't feel so guilty. LOL)

(If its okay to do this?) I just read a lengthy, thorough, extremely well-written & unbiased review & comparison of this cartridge at: biggamehunter.com amehuntingblog.com
(you'll find it)
Ignoring costs, (as gun lovers often do), the only negative I got was the recoil. As an avid .45-70 Gov shooter I know that some things are just worth it.JMO