Do I really need a 300 PRC?????

I see no advantage to a PRC.
I have 5 300WM's, all on actions that utilise a 3.6" or 3.7" mag box, so the PRC's extra length is no advantage.
My RUM, with a 4" Wyatt's box is another level all together. I am getting insane velocities and just started testing with H50BMG. Temps are a bit extreme at the moment so I have stopped doing load development. 39°C yesterday and expected to be 40°C today.

Cheers.
This is exactly my thoughts. I kept wanting a PRC but could never justify it over my win mag.
Then one day I stumbled across the 30 Sherman and it made sense.

I have been debating on if I should buy a 300 PRC and get right to the point of doing it and then backing out???? It is a Seekins with a factory brake and the price I feel is very fair. Problem is, I have a Cooper in 300 Weatherby and it is a nail driver!! Just don't know if I need 2 300's like this. It is more of a want than a need. Talk me out of it and tell I'm good enough off, or talk me in to it and tell me everyone needs one???????
I just bought an anschutz in a 22mag did I need it , no but it's like I told my son I'm building his inheritance LOL I'm like a kid in candy store when it comes to guns so if you can afford it buy it

I have been debating on if I should buy a 300 PRC and get right to the point of doing it and then backing out???? It is a Seekins with a factory brake and the price I feel is very fair. Problem is, I have a Cooper in 300 Weatherby and it is a nail driver!! Just don't know if I need 2 300's like this. It is more of a want than a need. Talk me out of it and tell I'm good enough off, or talk me in to it and tell me everyone needs one???????
EVERYONE NEEDS ANOTHER 300! (unless you have a 300 bee....but no wait....EVERYONE NEEDS ANOTHER 300)

"I" never asked "myself" if "I" needed three .300 WMs and two .300 WSMs. I also have a .30 LARA (has more capacity than .300 WBTY), .30-06, and .30 Gibbs. You do not need anyone's help; you know you want it.

Last edited:
Well its not the point of so you need it. Its the point do you want one to ads to your collection. The 300 PRC is a very nice round designed to take place of the 338 lapua for the military. So thank about it hard before you back out.

I only have 5 300Bee and 3 300WM. I definitely need to expand my horizons and get some other 300
Only 1 300 bee custom MarkV left hand, 3-300s right handed here, plus a custom MarkV 338 tacmark, Plus custom. 460WBY Left hand....lol....do I need another Bee....absolutely! Do I need another 300..nope! BUT OP...definitely 🤣

It wasn't until reading this article in Guns & Ammo (see attached screenshot for title/author, etc.) that I decided on adding a .300 PRC. Admittedly, I didn't have a single .30 caliber in my safe, so I was probably an easy mark. Nonetheless, the article is good read, especially if you're on the edge…

Attachments

• 8A8C12CE-EB7F-4F57-804D-26C425988E65.png
    8A8C12CE-EB7F-4F57-804D-26C425988E65.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 66
300 PRC has so little if any with a 3.85 mag box advantage over the Win Mag

Now if I was going to grab another 300 it would be a Norma now you have an advantage

Most of us "need" another rifle like a fish needs a bicycle.
The 300prc is quite a step down in power from the WBY and would be more pleasurable to shoot as well as certainly being more affordable whether you are buying components and loading your own or shooting factory ammo.

I certainly would not get rid of the Wby, but as long as there's room in the safe for one more why not have both?