Do I really need a 300 PRC?????

I'm not saying the 300 PRC is a useless cartridge, far from it ....

The 300 Win Mag & 300 Wby have deep roots and if the 300 PRC stacks right in between them .... then for sure it's a potent cartridge in it's own right and will take all of North American big game with ease, no doubt about that

All I'm saying is we have people out there mesmerized by it's supposed might when there is really nothing that great about it, The 300 Dakota has been around a long time and easily backhand slaps that new runt in town

some folks just need to study case diameter, length and capacity before making a magical mountain out of a pile, I suppose it being based on the 375 Ruger has some folks awed, but again... other than bullet diameter, the Ruger case is nothing to behold in terms of case diameter, length & capacity ...... nothing really to see there other than some imagined "efficiency" nonsense

Yup, that happens. the 6.5 Creedmoor is a current and primary example of this. Rifle manufacturer hype hoping to sell more rifles in conjunction with firearms writers hyping the inferior cartridge was a big blindside.
It's a brilliant strategy for both Hornady and Ruger but the PRC simply doesn't offer anything over existing calibers for me.

It's in a nice slot recoil and velocity wise but you can pretty much duplicate any load for the PRC in 300wm.

We live in a country driven by "Newer is Better" and now "belts are bad".

I may have room for exactly one more 300 between my WM's and Rum's and that's going to be a 300-375 Ruger Wildcat purely for my own entertainment.

Truth is, for the average hunter the .308win or 06will do all they'll ever need in the 30 cal slot.

We tend to forget most folks will never attempt a shot on game beyond a couple of hundred yards and have therefore no need for a 30 cal magnum of any kind.

When you hang out in a particular clique like we have here it's easy to forget the other guys and their needs.