Do barrel cooling fans work (chamber chiller)?

I don't do a ton of reloading or shooting but it is pretty annoying to go to the range and shoot my cold bore shot and then waiting 20+minutes to do another coldish bore shot or when shooting for groups with light contour rifles I shoot 3-5 rounds and then have to wait 15 minutes to shoot again. Yes I bring other rifles but it would be nice to try and cut that time down a bit. Does the chamber chiller device actually work? Thanks!

The best barrel cooler is ambient temperature. Instead of waiting idle until the barrel cools down, I always bring other rifles to shoot, esp. .22 LRs.

I leave the truck run with the a/c cranked up, shoot a shot then put the gun in the truck for 3 or 4 minutes.
That mouthy little bravo-itch who knows everything there is to know about "Climate Change" is on the way to your home. She'll be on your front lawn tomorrow with several news crews, and will tar & feather you in front of the whole world. You'll have to leave town, change your name and start your life from Square One all over again...

I use the ChamberChiller and it does the job. I have 2 of them I use as I am generally shooting several different rifles when I go to the range. Two can be cooling while I am shooting another and it keeps my groups together for hunting by not running a rod through them after having them zeroed in.

When Im just testing out cold bore shots Ill wet down a towel and put some blue freezer packs in a cooler with the towel. After barrel warms up I throw the cool damp towel on the barrel and cool it down. Works pretty good

Ingwe, this was a few years ago, Rabbit population was sky high, ground squirrel population was sky high, and Varmint Hunter magazine had not put an X on my hunting p. dog spots.

Work, reload, sleep

Amazing how accurate Dillion presses are when you are using ball powder.

No way putting water on the outside of a barrel may ruin it, may rust it if you don't oil the barrel afterwards.

Lot of False Wives Tales out there floating around.

Concerning the smallest droplets of water affecting accuracy, Tight punch type jag and flannel patches get the water out of the bore, not to mention a blast of powder gasses that exceed 3000* that proceed the bullet in the bore.

I have cooled the barrel using water down the bore on my Stolle Panda 6 PPC 100+ times and it still shoots bug holes.

No way putting water on the outside of a barrel may ruin it, may rust it if you don't oil the barrel afterwards.

Lot of False Wives Tales out there floating around.

Concerning the smallest droplets of water affecting accuracy, Tight punch type jag and flannel patches get the water out of the bore, not to mention a blast of powder gasses that exceed 3000* that proceed the bullet in the bore.

I have cooled the barrel using water down the bore on my Stolle Panda 6 PPC 100+ times and it still shoots bug holes.
Exactly !
Even after a dry patch or 2 you could run a barrel cool if you are still worried about water molecules about to be hot gassed.
As you said;
Lot of False Wives Tales out there floating around
"A drop of rain hit my barrel and now it's toast"

Haven't really seen it talked about light vs heavy barrels, the heavy ones take longer to cool down and for you to feel that they're hot. Surface might feel cool but around the bore could be a bit warm before you notice.

Dewalt has a 20v battery based air pump. The pump can do high pressure for car tires or "higher" flow rates for air mattresses etc.

The high flow rate nozzle fits "okay" into chamber, at least enough so that you feel air exiting the barrel. You will feel it be warm, and then in a couple minutes it's ambient temperature.

While it may be far from perfect (or specific to shooting industry) it definitely works and can be left in your vehicle for its actual intended uses.

Being frugal, it made the most sense to me for it to serve multiple purposes (and I already have dewalt batteries available).

I've got the unit that Magnetospeed makes. I've done some tests using one of those IR thermometers and honestly I can't tell if it's cooling much. I find it helps to put a wet paper towel over the barrel during rest periods
Rifleshooter magazine tested the Magnetospeed cooler and it made a .4 degree difference. Save your money.

Take a propane torch and hold it on a piece of metal and get it super hot, then take shop air and see how fast it cools it down.
Moving air works extremely well.