Do these work?

Yes, and No. I used the X ring on a Win 70 Featherweight in 30-06. We slid the thing on about an inch from the fore end and shot a few groups with factory ammo. It cut the groups in half! The in an effort to improve accuracy we slid it around to different places on the rifle. Accuracy went out the door and we could never find that sweet spot again. We shot 150-160 rnds before we threw that sucker in the trash.

I have heard from a reliable source that they work well especially if you only use factory ammo but have never tried myself.

Yes... worked for my old 300 rum sporter barell, and for my friend tikka 308 too.
It did not get me big difference because I was reloading, but if you are shooting factory ammo, you will actually play with the harmonics vibration of your rifle to find the best spot.

Yes, and No. I used the X ring on a Win 70 Featherweight in 30-06. We slid the thing on about an inch from the fore end and shot a few groups with factory ammo. It cut the groups in half! The in an effort to improve accuracy we slid it around to different places on the rifle. Accuracy went out the door and we could never find that sweet spot again. We shot 150-160 rnds before we threw that sucker in the trash.

check CLOSE for small tear in the material in the I.D. portion of the donut, as this will cause some really weird problems. SIMMS will replace it if you find this, I discoverd the tear problem the hard way.

We tried one on a .308 with hand loads. It seemed to tame the group down a little. I would say there is some validity of the product. Deer didn't care if it was on it or not.:D

Tank

Can't say if it helped my 7mm rum or not, but it did not hurt it. AND I discovered that when I sit down on a hillside to glass or have lunch, my rifle no longer slides off my sticks or tripod. They are worth it just for that. The sticks slide nicely up to that point and stop.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.