Do these work?

.30 CAL

Yes, and No. I used the X ring on a Win 70 Featherweight in 30-06. We slid the thing on about an inch from the fore end and shot a few groups with factory ammo. It cut the groups in half! The in an effort to improve accuracy we slid it around to different places on the rifle. Accuracy went out the door and we could never find that sweet spot again. We shot 150-160 rnds before we threw that sucker in the trash.

ovastafford

I have heard from a reliable source that they work well especially if you only use factory ammo but have never tried myself.

300rum

Yes... worked for my old 300 rum sporter barell, and for my friend tikka 308 too.
It did not get me big difference because I was reloading, but if you are shooting factory ammo, you will actually play with the harmonics vibration of your rifle to find the best spot.

MTBULLET

Yes, and No. I used the X ring on a Win 70 Featherweight in 30-06. We slid the thing on about an inch from the fore end and shot a few groups with factory ammo. It cut the groups in half! The in an effort to improve accuracy we slid it around to different places on the rifle. Accuracy went out the door and we could never find that sweet spot again. We shot 150-160 rnds before we threw that sucker in the trash.
check CLOSE for small tear in the material in the I.D. portion of the donut, as this will cause some really weird problems. SIMMS will replace it if you find this, I discoverd the tear problem the hard way.

liltank

We tried one on a .308 with hand loads. It seemed to tame the group down a little. I would say there is some validity of the product. Deer didn't care if it was on it or not.:D

Tank

upi

Can't say if it helped my 7mm rum or not, but it did not hurt it. AND I discovered that when I sit down on a hillside to glass or have lunch, my rifle no longer slides off my sticks or tripod. They are worth it just for that. The sticks slide nicely up to that point and stop.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce