Do barrel cooling fans work (chamber chiller)?

There are several threads on this issue here on LRH.
We took the cooling tubes off of a vehicle wrapped around our barrels & action, and then soldered the tubes and ran coolant (freon) through with a little compressor. Keeps the barrel cool when shooting rapid fire and especially when hunting an animal that I need to shoot more than one shot at. My rifle kind of looks lie the "Flux Copastor" in the movie "Back To The Future".🤣

Realistically we take several rifles to our range and switch off between shooting groups. We also use a "Barrel Cool" Device to try and cool down the barrel, but here in GA when it gets in the high 90s we don't even shoot when checking for an accuracy load.
When using a "Barrel Cooler" and havening the ambient temp needs to be looked at.
I had several PRS Comp Shooters that say they won't put a Barrel Cooler in the barrel due to dust in the area and may ruin their barrel. I don't agree with this unless they are leaving their rifle where everyone is walking. Running from Station to Station can be dusty, but you are not leaving your open chamber rifle there with a cooler in it.
I run Barrel Coolers on rifles and as a precaution do have air filters on them. These rifles are also in a stationary position. Sure can yoiu pick up dust from running a Barrel Cooler? Is that dust going to burn out your barrel sooner???
See some of these posts on competition shooting and trying to cool the barrel down with water and alcohol. Never seen that done yet in any PRS shoots. Usually have enough time between stations and shooters.
Bottom line is that if you are checking loads and want to have the same temp between shots on your barrel just WAIT!
Take several rifles and shoot your 3 shot groups. Once you get your group on the rifle it is going to be good for you hunt. How many shots are you going to shoot while big game hunting? (varmint hunting is another story, but I always take a few rifles and switch out when possible)

There are several threads on this issue here on LRH.
We took the cooling tubes off of a vehicle wrapped around our barrels & action, and then soldered the tubes and ran coolant (freon) through with a little compressor. Keeps the barrel cool when shooting rapid fire and especially when hunting an animal that I need to shoot more than one shot at. My rifle kind of looks lie the "Flux Copastor" in the movie "Back To The Future".🤣

Realistically we take several rifles to our range and switch off between shooting groups. We also use a "Barrel Cool" Device to try and cool down the barrel, but here in GA when it gets in the high 90s we don't even shoot when checking for an accuracy load.
When using a "Barrel Cooler" and havening the ambient temp needs to be looked at.
I had several PRS Comp Shooters that say they won't put a Barrel Cooler in the barrel due to dust in the area and may ruin their barrel. I don't agree with this unless they are leaving their rifle where everyone is walking. Running from Station to Station can be dusty, but you are not leaving your open chamber rifle there with a cooler in it.
I run Barrel Coolers on rifles and as a precaution do have air filters on them. These rifles are also in a stationary position. Sure can yoiu pick up dust from running a Barrel Cooler? Is that dust going to burn out your barrel sooner???
See some of these posts on competition shooting and trying to cool the barrel down with water and alcohol. Never seen that done yet in any PRS shoots. Usually have enough time between stations and shooters.
Bottom line is that if you are checking loads and want to have the same temp between shots on your barrel just WAIT!
Take several rifles and shoot your 3 shot groups. Once you get your group on the rifle it is going to be good for you hunt. How many shots are you going to shoot while big game hunting? (varmint hunting is another story, but I always take a few rifles and switch out when possible
Sounds like sound advice. I just took too many rifles for the amount of time I had today. I'll plan better next time.

HORRORS! You sir and your insidious CO2 contraption are guilty of CLIMATE CHANGE! I am contacting the EPA immediately (if not sooner) to report your violation.

And if you live in The People's Republic of California I am sure their minions will confiscate your dastardly CO2 bottles and probably your dangerous rifles. You realize of course, that you would not need to "cool your barrel" if you never owned a rifle. Does your wife approve of your constant cooling of your barrel? Does your BARREL approve of it?
Seek help sir, before you spread this sinful practice further and drag others into your debauched lifestyle.

Church Lady

I am trying my hardest to add to the changing climate. We were told that a warmer climate will yield more hurricanes. For S. Az that is a good thing, meaning more monsoon moisture and thus more quail! So I will continue to use my CO2 all summer and into the fall when conditions are hot. <grin>

Perhaps my using it caused the second wettest monsoon on record for Tucson last summer. It must be working this year too. Tropical storm Blas just swept past the baja and now tropical storm Celia is going to become a hurricane within 24 hrs. Both are affecting our monsoon NOW!

Celia:

I am trying my hardest to add to the changing climate. We were told that a warmer climate will yield more hurricanes. For S. Az that is a good thing, meaning more monsoon moisture and thus more quail! So I will continue to use my CO2 all summer and into the fall when conditions are hot. <grin>

Perhaps my using it caused the second wettest monsoon on record for Tucson last summer. It must be working this year too. Tropical storm Blas just swept past the baja and now tropical storm Celia is going to become a hurricane within 24 hrs. Both are affecting our monsoon NOW!

Celia:

This is my barrel cooler made it couple of years ago out of a air mattress inflator from the Australian version of Walmart $10 already had the 12-volt SLA battery
Screenshot_20220623-183909_Gallery.jpg