Barrel cooling methods? Chamber Chiller Pro vs The Original Barrel Cooler

fnlights

I use one of these with a hose that fits snug in the chamber.
827C53B6-8F1A-4BAF-94ED-A3BEE0C6A2F9.png

I have the chamber chiller as well. I also have mattress pumps with piece of hose from a hardware store. Have not used chamber chiller since I bought pumps. No comparison. Shooting in AZ 110-110 degree heat use pumps all summer long. Don't go to range without them.

I came across this set up. It would take some work, but. CO2 cooling system: Fitting a ball value is all is needed. A 20lb tank is minimum. The hose should be tapered at the chamber end for ease of sliding it into position. The CO2 is released with low flow. It only takes 20-30 sec. to reach ambient temp unless the barrel is quite hot. When I feel the barrel is approaching close to the same temp at the scope, the CO2 is turned off. It will continue to cool from inside out. Many at the range have adopted this system. Need a bore guide for the uses. Run your tubing from the CO2 tank into an un-ported Delrin bore guide for ease of application. This I copied down for the info. I haven't built one yet. I haven' had time to look into it very hard.