Christensen arms Mesa range report and chamber chiller review

Bigeclipse

I was finally able to get my Christensen Arms Mesa 6.5prc to the range. I started with the barrel break-in procedure. Part of this procedure involved 3 shot group with cleaning in between. During the 3 shots and clean steps, groups were a very consistent ~1.25inch Group at 100 yards with the factory hornady 143 eldx I was shooting. I personally like hunting/shooting with a fouled barrel. For me, my rifles always seem to shoot better with a few rounds down fouling the tube after being cleaned so I was hopeful that after barrel break in, I could then shoot more than 3 round groups and allow for some fouling shots which would hopefully help with group consistency. Well, it would appear I was right. Once I reached the 5 shots and clean steps of the break-in procedure, the groups would start to shrink after the first 2 shots. What I would do is I would shoot 2 shots as fouling shots, then I would let the barrel cool and then shoot the next 3 shots as a group. Then I would clean and repeat. only did this 3 times (since I ran out of time) but all three of the 3 shot groups were .75 inches or less. I had limited time so I couldn't really stretch its legs or shoot a bunch of groups to see if things shot better than this, but I am confident the gun is a sub 1 MOA gun as advertised and I do believe it will get even better. This makes me happy since the rifle checks all of the boxes I was after.

Now for my chamber chiller beta 60 mini review. This thing is awesome! It has cut barrel cooling times for me way down! I didn't do any time tests to compare but I am 100 percent happy with this purchase and I know I drastically shrunk the cooling time down. Most of my range trips have a lot of sitting and waiting for my barrels to cool, even with bringing multiple rifles but with this chiller thing installed by the time I was finished shooting one rifle, the other rifle barrel was cool to the touch. Very happy with it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.