Christensen Arms Mesa and Mesa long range

MontanaOutdoorsman406

I have been looking at both rifles for hunting and some range duty both guns will be chambered in 300 wm but can't decide which way to go Mesa is lighter more compact around 7lbs and 24 inch barrel and more of a standard stock design where the Mesa Long range is the opposite 10lbs 26 inch barrel and an adjustable stock more designed for prone shooting just wanted to know if people thought I should go with the lighter or heavier rifle thank you for all responses

I have been looking at both rifles for hunting and some range duty both guns will be chambered in 300 wm but can't decide which way to go Mesa is lighter more compact around 7lbs and 24 inch barrel and more of a standard stock design where the Mesa Long range is the opposite 10lbs 26 inch barrel and an adjustable stock more designed for prone shooting just wanted to know if people thought I should go with the lighter or heavier rifle thank you for all responses
I was also looking at there ridgeline but that will be stretching the budget quite a bit 400 dollars more than the Mesa long range

will this truly be a long range rig? Will you be carrying long distances? Do you want to be able to shoot off hand or in a tree stand not in prone? If truly a long range setup then id get the mesa long range between the two...that being said...my "long range" is inside 500 yards so if it were me id be getting the regular mesa and call it a day for any situation I would hunt with it.

I would not look at the Mesa LR, strictly from a weight perspective.
I like the build/weight of the Ridgeline for a longrange rifle.
just looked at the Ridgeline...all I have to say is wow. nice rifle. Confused by the barrel though as it states available in 22 or 24inch barrels but then on the right side it lists longer barrels for the magnums. I wouldn't want a magnum in less than a 26in barrel.

just looked at the Ridgeline...all I have to say is wow. nice rifle. Confused by the barrel though as it states available in 22 or 24inch barrels but then on the right side it lists longer barrels for the magnums. I wouldn't want a magnum in less than a 26in barrel.
I think the ridgeline thing is a misprint on there website I'm pretty sure magnums are 26 inch and standard calibers are 24

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.