Christiansen Arms Mesa (Not long range version)

Maybe I'm an elitist but if you can afford $1,200 why not $1,799?
you are like the devil on the shoulder with that logic, i love every part of your thinking , except the consequences :D
if you can afford 1799. then why not 1999 , and if you go a little more you can get the fandango added for only 249 more , perfect !!! youll soon have an amazing rig as soon as you get a bipod and a sling , plus the pelican case to protect it , better get some reloading dies and components so you can get the best accuracy out of it , now, you surely cant put a viper on it!!! they say the optic should cost as much as the rifle , it'll seem like your still being frugal if you give the 39.00 30mm rings back for some in store credit to offset the cost of the one 34mm piece 20 moa scope mount ...

all in fun man :D pay your mortgage.. bigeclipse

I have the mesa in the 6.5PRC and love it. I leave tonight to antelope hunt with it in SD. I am hunting with Berger 130 grain VLDH running 3100FPS pushed with RL22. I am consistently shooting 2 to 3" groups at 400 yards and .5 - .6 at 125 yards with the VLDs and 130 Accubonds (the Accubonds are running 3180). The rifle has been very easy to work with. My factory bedding job was ok, the trigger is great for a hunting gun and the finish and fit is what I would expect from a rifle at twice the price. Maybe I got lucky. Oh, my shooting is all prone off a bi-pod which is mostly how I hunt as well. The Mesa stock is quite functional, although took some getting used to. As for the 6.5PRC, I am excited to see how it does with 140 Partitions and RL26. I think this will be an absolute slobber-knocker. I think I will have no trouble getting 3100.

Savage has a newer rifle out that looks comparable. The 110 high country, for accuracy I've never had any factory gun or even a lot of custom guns shoot as well as a Savage does, I'd compare that rifle with the Mesa as far as what your getting for your buck. Rem 700 sendero or long range hunter would be some other options comparable. The only person I shoot with that has a christiansen rifle loves his, he puts some good groups on paper as well with it. He had a problem with the sling swivel pulling out of the stock though and from what I remember it was kind of a pain to get it taken care of, a little back and forth but they did replace the stock on it finally. Hard choice, good luck!!

Killed my Pronghorn at 382 yards yesterday. The Berger is very deadly for sure, maybe a little too destructive for my taste, but very effective. Performance reminded a lot of the old Nosler Ballistic Tip. I did get a rather impressive exit, but I did not have as much jelly as I would expect from such an out-hole. Goat was average size with 13.5 inch horns. I think I am going to switch to Accubonds for deer season.

no one with experience? thanks
I just picked up a Mesa in 6.5 prc, So far with hornady factory loads 1st group at .698
2nd group at .669 both at 100 yards..
I havent been able to find any powder to start loading for it but Im sure I can get it under 1/2 in once I develope a load for it...
I just got rid of a tikka in 6.5 creedmore due to the fact that 600 yards was the furthest I could shoot it sub moa. It was all over the place past 600 yards, even though I got itdown to .386 at 100 yards with the berger 140 hybrid and h4350 powder.. good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.