Bergara ridgeback 6.5prc vs christian arms mesa long range 6.5prc

hammer111

Was dead set on the Bergera until I happened on to the CA. The CA is about 400 bucks cheaper.
Anyone have the 2020 versions of either.
It's like dating the girl of your dreams, then meeting her hot best friend.
What to do ,what to do.

I don't know if this still rings true, but my understanding was that CA's actions are just somewhat cleaned up R700 factory actions. The Premiere is going to be an entirely different animal. I think you are comparing apples to oranges, and CA has a long history of poor quality control, accuracy (at least with the CF barrels), and customer service. I would go Bergara.

I'm not getting a c.f. barrel. The mesa is s.s.
They both are the same caliber, same barrel length , same type of stock.
What makes it apples to oranges.

Perhaps its more apples to pears. The Bergara Premiere action has better materials (stainless) than a factory 700/CA, and is going to have a floating bolt head similar to a Savage. Fit, finish, and feel is going to be better and more approaching a custom action (though not there yet). You also have the advantage of getting the TriggerTech trigger out of the box with the Premiere line. In the firearms industry I find you typically get what you pay for, and there is a reason the CA is cheaper than the Bergara. If you are spending the money, I would say go all the way. If those differences aren't important than by all means the CA. I think you will be happier in the long run with the Bergara, and I think it would be a better investment. Hopefully that helps.

Christensen uses trigger tech triggers also. Google Bergara problems and you get an alarming number of hits also. The Mesa is a very nice rifle for the price. I wouldn't be ordering another Christensen rifle if my first one didn't satisfy me as well as it does. Well except my fully rigged Mesa does tip the scales at 13 pounds.

Yes your right I was thinking the same way. I thought CA was as good . They look nice. I couldn't understand why they were cheaper.
I'll have to control my wandering eyes.

Christensen uses trigger tech triggers also. Google Bergara problems and you get an alarming number of hits also. The Mesa is a very nice rifle for the price. I wouldn't be ordering another Christensen rifle if my first one didn't satisfy me as well as it does. Well except my fully rigged Mesa does tip the scales at 13 pounds.

Looks like you are right about the Triggertech, curious if that is a newer offering on the Mesa? I think CA is getting their act together quality wise, but I they still have a pretty big hole to dig themselves out of over the last few years. Not to say Bergaras are without their faults.

So far I've gotten to shoot and evaluate 2 Christensen rifles, soon to be 3. I know 2 people that have also owned shot Christensen rifles. All have been accurate, functional and no complaints from any of us

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts