Bergara ridgeback 6.5prc vs christian arms mesa long range 6.5prc

I have the Mesa in 6.5PRC and it has shot anything I have put through it very well. the cerekote is very well done. The brake and thread protector are very well done. The Trigger Tech is fantastic for a hunting gun. My barrel broke in easily and fouled and fouls very little. I'd say save the dough and put it towards the optics.

Well new girls are never cheap lol Especially the better looking ones.

I have a Christensen. Great rifle. the forend is a little flimsy but doesn't affect anything. It is the first toggle rem type safety I have and mine had very sharp edged so I took some 600 grit and smoothed the edges. Also can't get past the radial break. So I got a different one. Which has added to the total cost.

Well new girls are never cheap lol Especially the better looking ones.

I have a Christensen. Great rifle. the forend is a little flimsy but doesn't affect anything. It is the first toggle rem type safety I have and mine had very sharp edged so I took some 600 grit and smoothed the edges. Also can't get past the radial break. So I got a different one. Which has added to the total cost.

You can say that again.

I have had one Bergara and 3 Christensen Arms rifles. I know things can be luck of the draw but, all three of my CA rifles have been tack drivers and my long range CA is grouping less than 3/4" at 200yds... (big smile)... I did not have the same luck with my Bergara and ended up selling it.

I have a ca hunter 7mm rem mag a ca Mesa long range 300 win mag and a ca ridge line in 300 rum all shoot under 1/2 moa. I've been very happy with them

I don't have experience with the Bergara but I have 2 CA rifles. One is a Ridgeline and the other a Mesa. Both rifles have the same components other than the barrel. Even the stocks are the same although the Ridgeline is opened up for the CF barrel. Both rifles are shooters and I would not hesitate to recommend one to a friend. I have called CA customer service twice and they have been very friendly and helpful. Nothing to complain about there.
CA does use SS Remington actions for their rifles. They add a side bolt release and true them up. ( I was told this by a friend in the business so could be false but I trust him. Plus they look exactly like a Rem action.) My Ridgeline is a 6.5 PRC and has a longer mag box than you can get from Wyatts. The follower is a different design also. Functions better than my buddies rifle built on an Origin action. CA really did their homework for that cartridge.
Now for the bad. The stocks are flimsy. The forend on my Ridgeline flexed so much it touched the barrel with medium pressure on it. I did end up putting on a McMillan Gamehunter stock so that added almost $1k to the rifle. The Mesa stock is a little stiffer because it has more material in it so you could get by with it. The spot bedding CA does around the lug is not the greatest.
Both rifles shoot under 1MOA with factory ammo. I would by another CA based upon my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts