Bergara ridgeback 6.5prc vs christian arms mesa long range 6.5prc

I have no experience with CA. However, the pic below is the first 3 shot group I ever fired from my Bergara Ridgeback 6.5 CM using factory Precision hunter 143 ELD-X @ 100 yards. It was actually shot numbers 4,5,6 from the rifle as the first 3 were fouling and getting on paper as i didn't bore site. This wasn't a typical range session as I just wanted to fire a few rounds while taking a break from turkey hunting. As such, I didn't measure the group but my gut tell me this gun is going to be a tack driver and I expect consistent sub .5 moa 5 shot groups w/ factory ammo....maybe better with handloads.

I'm planning to upgrade the optic and stretch her legs at to 1000 yards soon.

Attachments

• Bergara.jpg
    Bergara.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 134
As an additional side note. The one thing I don't like about Bergara in 6.5 PRC is that it is offered in an 8 twist. This may be fine for you depending on what bullets you want to shoot and your elevation. However, for me at sea level, I would only get marginal bullet stability with the new Berger 156. Stability would be fine on 140 class bullets.

Not sure where CA is at on PRC twist rates, but you might want to look at that.

I have a bergara hmr b14 in a 6.5 cm I love it but I was looking to get a proof cf barrel but I read that bergara has a different design on the attaching point to the action i am tired can't remember the exact terminology

IDK, but I definitely sent Bergara a note asking them to look at it. I'd like add the premier approach in 6.5 PRC to my armory, but not w/ an 8 twist. I also looked at re-barreling at Kimber Montana 300 WSM but to 6.5 PRC but I think the Mag box is going to be very tight or short to shoot the 156.

Seem like the 6.5 PRC is going to be optimized in a med/long action with big bullets but factories are currently building them on short action platforms based on the 140 the history/testing w/ 140 bullets.

I've got a CA Mesa in 6.5 CM, and I'm extremely satisfied with the fit and finish, and the performance of it. Between break-in, load development and just playing, I've got about 200+ rounds in. I've consistently been sub .500, and I have two loads of Nosler 140 BT (one with H4350 and one with IMR4350) below .400. I did get it on sale about $200 below retail at Sportsman Warehouse, so that makes it even a little bit better! I highly recommend the CA Mesa.

I have no experience with CA. However, the pic below is the first 3 shot group I ever fired from my Bergara Ridgeback 6.5 CM using factory Precision hunter 143 ELD-X @ 100 yards. It was actually shot numbers 4,5,6 from the rifle as the first 3 were fouling and getting on paper as i didn't bore site. This wasn't a typical range session as I just wanted to fire a few rounds while taking a break from turkey hunting. As such, I didn't measure the group but my gut tell me this gun is going to be a tack driver and I expect consistent sub .5 moa 5 shot groups w/ factory ammo....maybe better with handloads.

I'm planning to upgrade the optic and stretch her legs at to 1000 yards soon.
Yeah buddy , that's a keeper. Impressive.

My son has a CA Mesa 6.5 PRC and it is a hammer. When him and I were deciding on a rifle, we looked at the Bergara Ridge and the Mesa. The deciding factor on which way we were going to go was the factory mag box length. I am not sure if the Ridge and Ridgeline have the same box length though. The CA Mesa has a 3.03" mag box making it a little easier to seat bullets out a littler further for a 6.5 PRC.

My son has a CA Mesa 6.5 PRC and it is a hammer. When him and I were deciding on a rifle, we looked at the Bergara Ridge and the Mesa. The deciding factor on which way we were going to go was the factory mag box length. I am not sure if the Ridge and Ridgeline have the same box length though. The CA Mesa has a 3.03" mag box making it a little easier to seat bullets out a littler further for a 6.5 PRC.
the longer mag box is just one of my reasons I'm getting a Mesa in 6.5 prc next week

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.