Christensen arms mesa lr 338 lapua

coastbuck

I was just wondering if anybody has got there hands on one of these in 338 lapua. Curious to see how the fit and finsh of the rifle was and it's accuracy was. Was thinking of purchasing one to try out, to try to take my long range shooting to the next level.

I've got a Carbon Classic in the same caliber........it's a tack driver. I hear that the Mesa LR is consistently the most accurate model they make

Well that's good news. Is yours a dbm style mag box? Apparently that's how this one is and Christensen won't change it to a bdl style. You got any good load data u don't mind sharing?

Well that's good news. Is yours a dbm style mag box? Apparently that's how this one is and Christensen won't change it to a bdl style. You got any good load data u don't mind sharing?
Yes, it's a DBM. I actually like having a mag.
I run an all copper bullet (213 gr Hammer Hunter) at 3205 fps using RL26 (93.8 gr, 3.66 COAL). I bought the rifle for a Kodak Island mountain goat hunt this past October. It was devastating on the the billy. It will be Thor's Hammer in elk.

Wow sounds like a good load. I've never played around with rl 26. I was hoping to get this rifle before bear season but I don't think that's gonna happen. Have u tried any other bullets?

If anybody else has any information about Christensen arms rilfes regardless of caliber I would like to hear about it.

I just got a mesa long range in 6.5 cm. Definitely a step above a factory Remington. It's a nice rifle!

Sorry guys just got back from work last night. I talk to the reps and he basically said your lucky if u can find one in the next 3 to 4 months! They apparently just released this caliber a few weeks ago.

I would say velocity wise anywhere from 2700-2800. Hornady has some of there factory loaded eldx line 270 grains claiming 2800 fps. Which I wouldn't doubt I've shot some in 7mag and 300 win mag for some testing and it was spot on out to 1500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.