Christensen Mesa LR

FlGunner

So I've been looking at getting a bigger caliber rifle. I have an interest in Christensen Mesa LR. I'd like a 300 win mag. Probably be ready to purchase in the next 3-4 months. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them that actually have one. Not many places around here actually carry them where I can handle one.

Yes I have one and it's a great gun. Mine shoots jagged holes all day. The action is very smooth. Depends on what you want it for as it's a little heavy for hunting. Overall, buy it and don't look back. Very impressed with the quality.

I have had 3 ridgelines and 1 traverse. I don't think I'd buy another one. Not saying they don't shoot but I had one that was a absolute *** in 270 wsm and I ended up taking it back to where I bought it and getting something else and I have a buddy that's had a few now and they all seem to have issues with pressure. It took 4 Christensens for me to realize how much I dislike there actions.

I shoot with another guy that has a mesa long range in 28 nosler and we have to beat the bolt open some times shooting factory nosler 160 accubond ammo. Avg speed with the factory ammo is 3180 FPS so definitely shouldn't be to hot at that speed.
I suspect the dual plungers on the bolt is part of the problem and I think you get pressure issues and false pressure signs with dual plunger
My rem 700 in 300 ultra and my mcwhorter 270 wby only have one plunger and I have zero issues with pressure compared the dual plungers bolt faces.

Last edited:

Recent Posts